• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Uninstall Bridge CS6 - not listed in programs/control panel

Community Beginner ,
Jun 21, 2013 Jun 21, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi  - I have updated my photoshop and bridge to the new Photoshop Creative Cloud.  I have successfully uninstalled Photoshop but when I look for Bridge CS6 (64 bit) there is nothing.  The new Bridge CC is listed.  Any suggestions on how I remove the old program?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bridge CS6 is installed with Photoshop CS6. You can't install/remove it separately.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yammer wrote:

Bridge CS6 is installed with Photoshop CS6. You can't install/remove it separately.

I uninstalled Photoshop CS6 and Bridge CS6 remains.

Bridge CC is separate and capable of being uninstalled induvidually.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, Bridge CC is now a separate program with its own install/uninstall program.

Unless you just deleted CS6 Bridge will uninstall with it. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 29, 2013 Jun 29, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually, when I used the Adobe uninstall program to remove Photoshop CS6, it did not uninstall Bridge CS6.  And, I cannot find an uninstall program for Bridge.  So, I am wondering if it is OK to just drag Bridge CS6 to the trash (on an iMac) after installing Bridge CC. 

Any thoughts?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jun 29, 2013 Jun 29, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not a good idea.  If it did not uninstall CS6 bridge (should be version 5.x) you will have to use the Adobe Script Cleaner.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 07, 2013 Jul 07, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same problem, and I realized that bridge cs6 stays for any other cs6 appliation, once you uninstall all cs6 applications bridge cs6 will be gone. What I haven't tried yet is, if after installing bridge cc and then installing any cs6 application including photoshop cs6, will bridge cs6 be installed aswell or bridge cc will be taken as a replacement of any other bridge version?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Prior to CC version Bridge was not a seperate program but part of Photoshop.  So therefore it could neither be installed or deleted as a separate program.

CC Bridge is a separate program, but there are several features removed over what prior versions had.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Curt Y wrote:

…CC Bridge is a separate program, but there are several features removed over what prior versions had.

Really? 

So, far from fixing the gazillion bugs and adding enhancements and improvements, they trimmed it down?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

station_two wrote:

So, far from fixing the gazillion bugs and adding enhancements and improvements, they trimmed it down?

Adobe - always improving their software for the user.

Unavailable in Adobe Bridge CC

#

The following features are no longer available in this version of Adobe Bridge.

• Adobe Output Module
  • Export Panel
  • Compact Mode
  • 3D File format thumbnails and previews
  • Synchronized window

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

and then installing any cs6 application including photoshop cs6, will bridge cs6 be installed aswell?

To return to the original question, yes

Installing PS CS6 also installs Bridge CS6. You can have multiple versions of CS installed on your computer without problem, as long as you have space. You can also multiple versions of PS open and active at the same time if the resources of your computer are sufficient.

However you can have only one version of Bridge open and active at the same time. If you want to switch to an older or newer version you first have to quit the open Bridge and start the other wanted version to use it.

Also they use different Cache libraries so after opening it first have to read the cache (normally a short task) and also caching the new files (depending on amount and file size this can take some time) will start upon opening.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Dec 22, 2013 Dec 22, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I confirm after trying: deinstalling the last CS6 app using its standalon installer (in my case Illustrator) also removed Bridge CS6 and Media Encoder CS6.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Aug 15, 2014 Aug 15, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

So while this is very entertaining to read, can someone please summarize, how to properly remove Adobe Bridge CS6 without uninstalling Photoshop and or how to remove everything and only reinstall Photoshop?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines