• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I bought a new computer and I need to transfer the software - How do I do that?

New Here ,
Jul 07, 2013 Jul 07, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I bought a new computer and I need to transfer the software - How do I do that?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 08, 2013 Jul 08, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

wm.rose@earthlink.net ,

To transfer the product from one system to another , first step would be to deactivate the product from that machine so that you have an empty seat available for you . Second step , will be to get the media and install the product on the new machine and then activate it using the serial number that you will have .

Also , if you are not sure of the details of the order, you can please share the order number with me in a private message and I will get back to you with the information.

Regards,

Kartikay Sharma

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 10, 2013 Jul 10, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you - however I have been having many difficulties with Win 8. When I finally figured out how to call in to tech support he informed me that all of the software I have been using under Win 7; Photoshop elements 6, 7, 8 and 9 and CS3 and CS5 were not supported anymore and I would have to buy PSE 11. I did buy it but it did exactly the same thing - it gets down to the very last step and then says it was interrupted and uninstalls! This is quite a money making scheme you have going!

Bill Rose

Sent from my Verizon Wireless 4G LTE DROID

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 11, 2013 Jul 11, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Wm.rose what specific error do you receive during the installation process?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 08, 2013 Jul 08, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You do not transfer software between machines.  You only need to install on the new machine, using your serial number to activate it to full use. 

You are allowed to have the software installed and activated on two machines, so there is no requirement to remove it from the old machine unless you know for sure you would not use it again on that machine. 

Deactivating it on the old machine will free up the allocation for a second activated installation in the event you find an new second home.  TO deactivate you only need to go into the Help menu and choose Deactivate.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 09, 2013 Jul 09, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a way to de-activate the software on a computer that has been fried? My old Win XP machine's hard drive failed, and I have a new Win 8 machine on the way. I WOULD like to de-activate the software on the old XP machine, but cannot access it there. So is there a way to de-activate it online?  Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines