• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How export my vector flash to illustrator?

Community Beginner ,
Jul 08, 2013 Jul 08, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

In all software adobe CC the .fxg extenxtion has remove (she is abandoned),

Now how can I export my vector illustrations to Illustrator?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jul 08, 2013 Jul 08, 2013

Hi ,

You can try https://github.com/davebelais/Extensible/blob/master/Javascript/Extensible/SVG.jsfl which creates an SVG formatted image for your artwork.

Further , we will have vector export from Flash as one of the features for our next major update.

Thanks and Regards,

Sudeshna Sarkar

Adobe Flash Professional Team

Votes

Translate

Translate
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Use the clipboard (it works both ways AI<->FLA)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you test it?

Ai to FLA ok! but FLA to Ai when I paste I've juste a little bitmap

I prefer a nice vector

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just tested it with a simple shape (square) it preserves the vector, if you have your graphics grouped or oterwise nested, it might be necessary to ungroup/divide them.

Also make sure how your Illustrator Clipboard Preferences are set: Preferences>Data and Clipboard

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi ,

You can try https://github.com/davebelais/Extensible/blob/master/Javascript/Extensible/SVG.jsfl which creates an SVG formatted image for your artwork.

Further , we will have vector export from Flash as one of the features for our next major update.

Thanks and Regards,

Sudeshna Sarkar

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your help, your new comforts me

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you explain how to use this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Auclander ,

You need to install the extension flash2svg.zxp from the location https://github.com/davebelais/Extensible. For installing the extension make sure you have the Extension Manager CC installed(Help->Manage Extension). After installing this extension , it would then appear under Windows->Extensions menu as "SVG. Launch the panel and play around with the different options available to export your artwork to SVG file format.

The panel snapshot attached -

SVG.png

Thanks and Regards,

Sudeshna Sarkar

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 09, 2013 Jul 09, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. I'll give it a try. the accompanying InPlaceClipboard extention looks very useful also.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 11, 2013 Jul 11, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I received this error

A JavaScript error occurred.

TypeError: extensible.dev is undefined

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also received this error when I finally got around to trying it.

A JavaScript error occurred.

At line 3 of file "/Users/george/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Flash CC/en_US/Configuration/Javascript/Extensible/Function.jsfl":

TypeError: extensible.dev is undefined

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Auclander ,

This is a third party extension and there might be some scenarios which are not being handled in this. However , I tried with some simple shapes and exporting this using the extension worked without issues. Is there any specific scenario which you are trying.

Thanks and Regards,

Sudeshna Sarkar

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 12, 2013 Jul 12, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sudeshna,

I finally was able to make this work at least partially. If I imported an AI, create a symbol afrom part of it, moved that to the stage, I could select "Current Timeline" as a source in the interface and get everything on the stage to export as an SVG. It did not matter if I turn off layers in the timeline, or selected them on hte stage or the library.

Screen Shot 2013-07-12 at 3.30.59 PM.png

However, I could not get it to export anything but a blank frame if I chose "Selected Library Items".

George

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 14, 2013 Oct 14, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The third party plug in is no longer recognized as an installable package by Adobe Extension Manager, and throws an error anytime I try to install it. The error says that the .zxp file is an unrecognizable file type.

Your last update to this issue was in July. Can you please shed some light on when we can expect to see this feature (the ability to export vector graphics) put BACK into Flash, since its something that was originally there, and has now been removed without explanation.

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 22, 2013 Oct 22, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I've searched around and the only information Adobe is providing is that this functionality will appear at some mythical point in some future update.  Meanwhile they have taken the time and effort to break the plugin that they keep recommending as a workaround.  Extension Manager CC will no longer recognize and install this ZXP.  Good job Adobe, you're aces.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 23, 2013 Oct 23, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree entirely, I find flash CC is much lower than flash cs6 (color picker, export vector, research in as3 editor, ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 02, 2014 Jun 02, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, it's pretty rubbish that they removed it, recommend some extension that someone else has programmed and then say it's due and a year later there is still no sign of this update (and others such as output to EXE)

There is a way round this if you have CS6 still installed. You can fun flash cs6, output the vector to FXG, then run Illustrator CS6, import the FXG, then copy and paste the vector into Illustrator CC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 04, 2013 Oct 04, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This functionality existed in previous versions. It has now been removed.

The simple question is: why?

Adobe secrets! o_o

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 18, 2014 Jun 18, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

Flash Pro CC 2014 (v14.0.0.110) is now available for download via the Creative Cloud App and Adobe website.

We have added SVG Export feature to Flash Pro with this new release. You will now be able to export out vector content from the selected frame as an SVG image that can be opened directly in a Browser and even imported in Adobe Illustrator.

SVG Export option will be available via the Publish Settings as well as via File Menu > Export > Export Image option.

Along with this, we have added several new features with this release. Complete list is available at these links:

Overview:         https://www.adobe.com/in/products/flash.html

Whats new:      https://helpx.adobe.com/flash/using/whats-new.html

Release Notes: https://helpx.adobe.com/flash/release-note/flash-professional-cc-2014.html

Thanks,

Nipun

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 19, 2014 Jun 19, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

At last !

It was so crazy to kill fxg without alternative.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 03, 2014 Aug 03, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not working for me ....      IL stops responding while trying to open SVG file.

Gladly I remembered that I own CS4   ... I installed and wow  ... Flash CS4 can also save/export  as Illustrator ( .ai ) file.

yeah  ...  the good old times  ....   Don't we miss them once in a while .....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 14, 2015 Dec 14, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Export to SVG doesn't work for me. (Flash CC Build: 15.0.1.179)
Changing the export options doesn't fix the Syntax Error either.

Capture.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,
Dec 15, 2015 Dec 15, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I tested the functionality with Flash CC 2015 on Windows and it works for simple Graphics.

The responsible jsfl file is under:

C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Flash CC 2015\Common\Configuration\Publish\SVG\jsfl

First try something simple like a drawn square to export and report back.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Thanks for the quick response! Unfortunately I get the same Syntax Error even with a simple square. I have located the jsfl files (Export SVG and Publish) but I can't seem to edit them (in Flash or Notepad++) in order to add the ")". I've never tried to edit a jsfl file before, though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Anna,

Does it happen for a simple new (unsaved) file as well?

Please share your test file that gives error on exporting SVG. It'll help us replicate the bug and investigate further.

You can use any file sharing service like dropbox to share the file.

Thanks,

Nipun

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines