• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Playing .m4a files using Flash Player with FMS v4.5.5 (Streaming Edition)

New Here ,
Jul 01, 2013 Jul 01, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I have had a custom-built Flash-based player successfully streaming .mp3 files from FMS v4.5.5 for some time now. From what I have read, Flash will also play .m4a files. For operational reasons, I wish to move from using a .mp3 based media library to a .m4a based one. I have had the Flash player changed to play a .m4a stream but it is not working. My interpretation of the FMS Access log leads me to think that the requested media file is not being found. Why might that be? As far as I'm aware, nothing has been changed in the config or code other than the type of media file to play (mp3 -> m4a).I can provide further details, logs, etc. if so required.

Please note that this version of FMS insists on using the "live" application area, even though I am simply streaming pre-recorded audio clips.

Thanks & Regards,

SteveB

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 06, 2013 Jul 06, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Community!

Is there anyone who can advise/help me with this PLEASE, especially Adobe Staff. I really do need to progress this ASAP.

Many Thanks,

SteveB

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Steve

You need to use the mp4: prefix. See http://helpx.adobe.com/adobe-media-server/kb/flash-media-server-stream-name.html

I recall having similar issues. We changed to name the files .mp4 and have no difficulties. We still use the prefix.

Michael

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Michael,

Thank you for your reply and the pointer.

So, if I'm reading this right (i.e. the mp4: stream name prefix appears to cover F4V, MP4, M4A, MOV, MP4V, 3GP, and 3G2 file types), my RTMP requests need to end with mp4:myclip.m4a - is that correct?

Thanks, Steve

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 08, 2013 Jul 08, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That is correct. The folder path if any comes after the mp4: prefix. For some reason now lost to me we coudl not use the m4a extension, and renamed everythign to mp4 (renamed only, no transcode involved) and our paths now look like:

rtmpe://fms.example.com/vod/mp4:/path/to/folder/myclip.mp4

Michael

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines