• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Activation of Robohelp9 fails, probably because of certificate error ?

Jul 09, 2013 Jul 09, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Adobe-Community,

you're my last hope.

Since two days I'm trying to get a legal bought Adobe Product (Robohelp9) which suddenly refused to work, to work again.

One day Robohelp9 told me to 'Please activate me', but it isn't happy with our internet connection.

Adobe support told me that it must be a problem with our firewall (or the Windows hosts File) and so it's our own fault.

I'm very (VERY) angry at the moment because we can't work with the product anymore!

Okay, to the technical part.

Please see this picture:

http://files.cimdata-sw.de/packets.jpg

IP 172.30.2.55 is the IP of the host where Adobe Robohelp is intalled.

IP 172.30.1.240 is the IP of the Proxy Server (I've already disabled the proxy, changes nothing)

As far as I'm understanding the TCP Stuff, it seems that Adobe Robohelp is getting the Certificate from

http://svrintl-g3-aia.verisign.com/SVRIntlG3.cer .

After that it seems that 172.30.2.55 is sending an RST Packet.

To me it seems that Adobe Robohelp is resetting the connection.

Any ideas what is wrong here ?

Thomas

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Jul 09, 2013 Jul 09, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here are the packets without a proxy:

http://files.cimdata-sw.de/adobe_robohelp9_activate_noproxy.jpg

I think Adobe Robohelp itself is resetting the Connection because of some error and doesn't tell us why.

It simply says 'check your internet connection'.

Adobe Support is really no help.

Thomas

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 11, 2013 Jul 11, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You will not like this but it does seem more likely the problem is at your end as in many years of supporting these forums, I cannot recall anyone posting with this information.

The first thing I would try is installing Rh on a home PC to prove it does install OK there. Two concurrent activations are allowed and you can deactivate that one once you have tested.

I would ask if you are you working in an exceptionally secure environment, the equivalent of a US government or military department as that could be the cause and Adobe do have special arrangements for such environments. However, it appears you have previously had Rh9 installed and working. What has changed in your environment since then?

What is the operating system you are installing to?

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jul 12, 2013 Jul 12, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Peter,

thanks for your answer !

I myself work in the Customer Support and sure I don't have elmiated the possibility that the problem is on our side 🙂

But it's nearly impossible to get good help from the support.

They tell you to delete your hosts file or open your firewall ports.

If I say that I checked with Wireshark and that I don't think that it is such simply problem they don't believe me.

(I think most of them have no Idea what 'wireshark' or 'SSL' is...)

I will try to install Robohelp at home, but because it's a complete other environment I don't expect any problems there.

At least, it has been properly installed on this Server since more than a year.

The OS is Windows Server 2003, as always 'no one has changed anything'.

In fact, I don't know of any changes in our environment.

Do you know if Adobe has any Logfiles of the Activation Process ?

I would like to have a file in it with something like:

>>

contacting adobe... contacted.

checking certificate... failed.

Activation aborted

<<

I'm so angry that Customers who Pay a huge amount of money for legal products have more problems than

'so called' pirates who download the program somewehere.

Thomas

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ohhh, no government, no ultra secure environment.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you install it on Windows 7 or 8? Officially Server is not supported and I'm surprised Support didn't point that out.

The screenshots and things like Wireshark are stuff outside the remit of most who support this forum, me included.

I will see if I can find out anything about logs.

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 04, 2013 Aug 04, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Please contact me via my site if you still want details of the log files created.

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp