• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problems with Photoshop CC 3D Text

Community Beginner ,
Jul 09, 2013 Jul 09, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Recently, I got Photoshop CC. I started exploring the new features, and they're great! But when I tried to make 3D text, I couldn't do it... There was no 3D button/option. Is this a bug? If it is, how do I fix it? If not, why don't I have it, and what can I do to get it? I have Photoshop CS6 Extended, which allows me to create 3D text. I'm hoping I don't have to switch between versions every time I want to make 3D text...

Also, one more thing. When I first launched Photoshop CC, it said "Would you like to migrate your presets from Photoshop CS6?" I chose No, because I had no idea what this would do, since I'm not the most experienced Photoshop user. I hope this didn't cause my problem.

Thanks,

Charchar712

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 09, 2013 Jul 09, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Not migrating the presets should have no impact for your case.

What OS are you using? And which version of Ps CS6 do you have (13.0.5, or 13.1.2)? Does your video card have 512MB VRAM? You can check that by going to Help> System Info... and looking down the list for 'Video Card Memory:'

Make sure you are using an RGB document too.

regards,

steve

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 10, 2013 Jul 10, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a 64-Bit operating system, 4 GB of computer RAM, and a AMD A8 Graphics Card. The brand of my computer is ASUS. I am running Windows 8, as well.

When I scroll over Photoshop CS6 to look at the version, etc., all it says is 13.0.0.0. I'm not sure what version it is. All I know is that it is Photoshop CS6 Extended.

I couldn't find the Help > System Info on my computer. I searched up "System Info" in the windows 8 search menu, and all that came up was "System", and "change location settings". I clicked on System, and it brought me to my pc info page. I didn't find the VRAM anywhere there.

EDIT: I searched a tutorial on how to find the RAM on my video card. My total available graphics memory is 2026 MB, my dedicated video memory is 512 MB, my system video memory is 0 MB, and my shared system memory is 1514 MB.

Also, I always use RGB Color documents for Photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Ps CC is version 14.0.0. Launch the application and then go to Help> System Info... from the application menus. I believe the AMD A8 is a CPU that you can pair with a discrete GPU. Do you have a link to the ASUS model with tech specs.?

Are you able to get Ps CS6 to generate 3D layers on the same machine? If so, then it is likely that the video card (or driver) is reporting less than 512 MB VRAM.

regards,

steve

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is what my Help > System Info is:

http://pastebin.com/muwxtyXi (Photoshop CC)

http://pastebin.com/JcNZUXBr(Photoshop CS6)

If you mean generate 3D layers on Photoshop CS6 on the same system as in generating 3D text, using the 3D workspace, etc., then yes, I can do all of that stuff on the same laptop.

I couldn't really find a "tech specs", but I found several shopping sites for my same computer.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834230960

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834230909

http://shop.amd.com/us/All/Detail/Notebook/K55N-DS81(This is the official page for it.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Can you go to your preferences and let me know if the 3D section is active? Does the Total Available VRAM show 512MB?

Screen Shot 2013-07-10 at 2.24.50 PM.png

thx,

steve

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

proof of no 3d button in photoshop cc.png

There is no 3D button / option under the preferences menu.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Is that pref. diaolog from Ps CC or Ps CS6? I'm as baffled as you that 3D is missing. You're screenshot looks like what Ps CS6 non-extended would show.

I'm hoping to have an AMD A10 system with Win 8 to take a look at tomorrow. I'll let you know what I find. Do you know if there are any newer drivers for your machine to fix any Win8 issues?

regards,

steve

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Steve!  You don't recognize the off-center, more teal-colored [Ps] CC 14.0 icon? 

-Noel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Steve,

I'm 100% sure that the preferences that I showed was from Ps CC, and there's proof in the screenshot. If you look on the task bar, you will see the Ps CC icon, and it shows that it is open.

I doubt that I have any Windows 8 issues, considering that I reset my computer to default / factory  settings not too long ago.

@Noel,

In the 4th post of this forum, I pasted a pastebin link to the System Info of both Photoshop CC, & Photoshop CS6. Just scroll up on this page, and you'll find it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, I had missed that.

-Noel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 13, 2013 Jul 13, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

So I have a very similar AMD APU with Radeon HD 7620G and the same driver version. I get the 3D features active and working for Ps CC. OS is also Win8 x64.

Did you install the app using the CC desktop app, or did you get it via direct link?

It appears to be acting like the Ps non-Extended version.

regards,

steve

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 14, 2013 Jul 14, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I installed it through the Photoshop Creative Cloud desktop app. I'm not sure why this isn't working...

Sorry for the late response, I forgot to check this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 19, 2013 Jul 19, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, I'm guessing my Photoshop is not going to work, and I'm screwed?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 19, 2013 Jul 19, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

So far it does appear you're not going anywhere with 3D in Ps CC. I'm still not sure why. I'll keep trying to track down suggestions for you next week.

regards,

steve

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 21, 2013 Jul 21, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same problem please postt if u have found the solution

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried really basic restorative remedies, such as clearing the Photoshop preferences to defaults, and even uninstalling and reinstalling the software?

-Noel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

reinstalled did not work even deleted prefrences when uninstalling

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 21, 2013 Aug 21, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the exact same problem except that I have OS X Mountain Lion and I am on a 27" late 2012 iMac!
I am using Photoshop CC 12.0
And my graphics card (GTX 660m has 512mb of memory)
I am really disapointed that I'm unable to use the 3D function of CC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Aug 21, 2013 Aug 21, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop CC is version 14.0.

Photoshop 12.0 is CS5.

Which one do you really have?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 02, 2013 Sep 02, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, but i'm having the same problem, but I have the 3D Button and 3D Options activated and I still having the same problem! Can't make  nothing in 3D, My Display drivers are updated from official Intel Website and I have 2763 Vdram dedicated to 3D!1.jpg2.jpg3.1.jpg4.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You put all that effort into capturing the various settings, why not capture the error as it happens as well?  "Can't make nothing in 3D" doesn't tell anyone much about what might be going wrong.

-Noel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm sorry, I Had thought had uploaded this picture!!! This is the error! 5.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your video card driver is returning an error - just like the dialog says.

Talk to Intel about why the driver is returning an error.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 03, 2013 Sep 03, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Alright, thankyou!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines