• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Table Designer third rule thick is not working for me. Any suggestions?

New Here ,
Jul 07, 2013 Jul 07, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to turn the third rule in a four row table thick. I go into Table Designer and select Every 3rd Thick.  The others are all none.  The table is not responding to the command to make the third rule thick as I need it to be.  Does anyone have any suggestions?  Thank you.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 07, 2013 Jul 07, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Possibly the local table has overrides from Table > Custom Ruling and Shading.

An Update All in the Table Designer or

From Table option in the CR&S

normally fix that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 08, 2013 Jul 08, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This did not work for me.  I set the ruling in the Table CRS to none for the whole table then selected 3rd line thick and clicked update all.  Nothing changed.  Can you help me with this.  It is for a class I am taking and it is our big project due the end of the week.  Thank you.

Georgellen

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Table Designer, create a new format (say, "3RT") with the feature and ruling you want.

Make sure it works.

Select the rogue table.

Apply the new "3RT" format to it.

Table Tag: [ 3RT ]

[Apply]

Click away from any table.

In Table Designer, select the new format again.

[Update All]

<*> All Properties

<*> All Tagged [ 3RT ]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don’t understand what you mean by All Properties <> All Tagged <>. I created the 3RT table tag and applied it to the table but it still didn’t work. Do you have any other ideas? Thank you

Georgellen

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To remove table format overrides, you need to go to Table > Format > Custom Ruling and Shading, and set as follows:

table-format-overrides.png

For more info, see page 171 of my book.

-Matt

Matt R. Sullivan
co-author Publishing Fundamentals: Unstructured FrameMaker 11

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was able to remove the table format overrides but I still cannot turn the third line thick.  Do you have any suggestions?  Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does your format work as expected on a new blank table?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 09, 2013 Jul 09, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, it works on a blank table. Do you know why it won’t work on my formatted table?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

> Do you know why it won’t work on my formatted table?

One way for that to happen is if the rows in question are all Heading rows.

If the heading doesn't have an obviously different set of styles, it's pretty easy to add rows to a heading (command or keyboard shortcut), and not notice. The body rulling a shading options have no effect on heading rows.

I'd create a new table that works, and copy the content to it to be sure.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was afraid that was the answer. Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So it sounds like you are trying to specify the divider between the heading and body rows. Is this the case?

If so, just add 3 heading rows to your table, select and cut your first 3 rows, then select your blank heading rows and paste.

Your table format can easily define the border between the heading and body rows in the Table Designer.

-Matt

Matt R. Sullivan
co-author Publishing Fundamentals: Unstructured FrameMaker 11

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 10, 2013 Jul 10, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It’s not the row between the heading row and another. There is no heading row. Any suggestions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You state earlier that the ruling works on a new, blank table. If so, try creatinge a new blank table of the correct size, and then copy the rows from the old table and paste them in the new one.

Van

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines