Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Logging in to Server Web Administrator gives "Invalid or expired license"

New Here ,
Jul 09, 2013 Jul 09, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

We installed the roboserver on a Windows 2008 R2 Standard server, using the 64-bit version of the software. We used the tomcat version 7. The url http://<servername>:8080/robohelp confirms that the robohelp server has been created, logging in the Server Web Administrator gives the error "Invalid or expired license". The trial license is still 22 days valid. Tried to uninstall-reinstall, but no luck.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Advisor , Jul 10, 2013 Jul 10, 2013

Hi Kris

I have seen this once or twice before.

On one occasion it had to do with the version of Java, Adobe recommended the following to my client and this is what the client's admin reported:

"The issue was that RoboHelp Server 9 will only work on Java v7 update 15 or 17.  We had update 21.  I had to uninstall Java, Tomcat, and RH Server.  Then install the right version of Java, then Tomcat then Rh Server.  I have told Java not to update automatically so we don’t download a later version (we need

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you tell us what database you are using (e.g. the default built in Jet database).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are using the build-in database.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I installed a SQL server instance, changed the configuration from build-in to the DB on the SQL instance, testing the connection is ok, but still the same error message.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 10, 2013 Jul 10, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My feeling here is that there is something left behind (e.g. in the registry) from a previous install that is causing this issue. Could this be the case? For example was RHS ever installed before? It maybe best to use a tool like Revo Uninstaller - http://www.revouninstaller.com/ - which is good at getting traces of applications removed. Then try a fresh install.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The server was a new virtual machine, no RHS was ever installed.

But I will try the uninstall tool and reinstall the software, no problem. I will keep you informed. Thx for the hint.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The uninstall using the tool and reinstall did not solve the problem. I got the same error. Any other ideas are welcome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wonder whether installing RHS on a virtual machine could be the issue. To be honest I am running out of other ideas. Maybe Mr John "RoboHelp Server" Daigle knows if this can be done successfully. Paging John!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kris

I have seen this once or twice before.

On one occasion it had to do with the version of Java, Adobe recommended the following to my client and this is what the client's admin reported:

"The issue was that RoboHelp Server 9 will only work on Java v7 update 15 or 17.  We had update 21.  I had to uninstall Java, Tomcat, and RH Server.  Then install the right version of Java, then Tomcat then Rh Server.  I have told Java not to update automatically so we don’t download a later version (we need to stay on update 17)."

Happily, this did resolve the problem. If you still have issues, you may need to call Adobe tech support.

Thanks

John Daigle

Adobe Certified RoboHelp and Captivate Instructor

Evergreen, Colorado

www.showmethedemo.com

John Daigle
Newport, Oregon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh, I forgot to mention. Quite a few folks install in virtual machines so that shouldn't be the issue - although your mileage may vary 🙂

John Daigle
Newport, Oregon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi John!

Uninstalling all of the software, and installing the Java v7 update 15 (we were on update 25), installing Tomcat en RH server was the solution.

Thanks a lot !

Kris.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Jul 11, 2013 Jul 11, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks, Kris! Glad it helped.

john

John Daigle
Newport, Oregon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp