Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Powerpoint and quizzes?

Apr 02, 2012 Apr 02, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can a ppt be imported to use with the quiz creator, so that I can capture math symbols?*

TOPICS
Quizzing and LMS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you explain a little bit more in detail? What do you mean by the 'quiz creator'?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you click on QUIZ, where there are options for multiple choice, true false etc......can you use ppt when you are trying to create a quiz?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Quiz slides will be different, but yes you can add Quiz slides to slides imported from Powerpoint. Still seem not to catch your question really well,

Lilybiri

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I need a PPT slide as the background for a quiz question, I capture the PPT slide in the Captivate file. I copy the background and then navigate to the question slide and paste the background.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do you capture the PPt slide? You are helping me b/c I do want to use it on the quiz slide as a background since it contains lots of math symbols.  How do you capture it?  Like with SnagIt or is there someway to do it in Captivate?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just copied and pasted it and it sort of worked.  Is that what you do?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do not just copy the PowerPoint slide and paste it into Captivate. You'll need to capture it in Captivate.

Hope this helps.

-

scsocha <forums@adobe.com> wrote:

scsocha created the discussion

"Re: Powerpoint and quizzes?"

To view the discussion, visit: http://forums.adobe.com/message/4308962#4308962

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. Have PowerPoint and Captivate open.

2. In PowerPoint, click the Slideshow view - it takes over the whole screen.

3. Toggle to Captivate. For best results you should be working with two monitors.

4. Click the red Record button.

5. Make your choices in this screen that opens - select PowerPoint Slide show as what you want to capture.

6. You probably have other selections, too. Make PowerPoint snap to the recording area you have set.

7. Then, after clicking the red Record button in the Captivate window, the PowerPoint slide show will jump to the size that you have indicated in Captivate to be your recording size. A red border will display around the PowerPoint slide, which lets you know this is the area that is being recorded.

8. Click the mouse or Enter to advance through the PowerPoint slide show.

9. Click End when you are ready to quit recording.

10. Toggle to the PowerPoint Slide show and press ESC to return PowerPoint to the edit mode.

11. In Captivate, navigate to the slide that is the first PowerPoint that you want as a background. In the middle of the screen, right-click and select "Copy Background.

12. Navigate to the question slide where you want this background. Right-click on the slide and Paste as background.

Then, move your question objects on the question slide around to fit the background.

Hope this helps.

-

scsocha <forums@adobe.com> wrote:

scsocha created the discussion

"Re: Powerpoint and quizzes?"

To view the discussion, visit: http://forums.adobe.com/message/4308793#4308793

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 07, 2013 Jul 07, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I assume this is the procedure to  import "static" Powerpoint slides into Captivate. Is it possible to import dynamic slides, in order to insert questions in those slides afterwards?

Thanks.

Regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Jul 08, 2013 Jul 08, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No sure what you mean by dynamic slides?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 09, 2013 Jul 09, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

By "dynamic slides", I mean slides containing animations. I would like those animations to be run also on Captivate and to add a question on the same slide.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PPT slides in Captivate cannot contain quiz slides as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bad news!

However, some of the posts above detail many procedures to insert quizz in PPT slides. Do they apply only for non-animated slides?

Regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think you misunderstand: you can add quiz slides to a file that originated by importing PPT slides, but not insert a quiz on a PPT-slide with animations.

Lilybiri

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I understand youtr answer, which is a bit different from the one of RodWard, as you did specify "with animations".

It's a shame, I will think about it, thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Perhaps I didn't explain my answer clearly. 

A PowerPoint slide in Captivate cannot ALSO contain a quiz question.  Lilybiri is correct that you can ADD extra quiz question slides to a project that was initiated by importing PPT slides. 

What I thought you were trying to do was include quiz components on the actual PPT slide, rather than on slides after it in the timeline.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 11, 2013 Jul 11, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

OK, that's pretty clear for me, now. I'll try and find a way around... Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did my response come through? I received a bounced email notice.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I got it.  Great directions!  Super!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Apr 03, 2012 Apr 03, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You could also import the PPT slide into captivate.

File > New Project > Project from MS Powerpoint

Import the slide you want into the new project.  Select the slide and copy it.  Go to the Master Slide panel, paste.  Create your Question Slides, select the master slide in the slide properties.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources