• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CS6 updates not being shown with CC updater

Community Beginner ,
Jul 11, 2013 Jul 11, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have updated to CC from the CS6 Cloud but kept the old CS6 aps around just in case I need to open and work with and save out older files, especially with InDesign. I just noticed that the CS6 application updater has two updates but when when I click the menu bar icon (OS X.8) it opens the CC menu bar panel but no updates are shown. I tried manually starting Adobe Application Manager but there is only the CC version still around (apparently it replaces teh CS6 Application Manager altogether). I have no way to even see what the two updates are so I can try to open the apps and look for update options through their menus. Any suggestions?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's not that it doesnt launch the Application Manager, it's that I can't open the CS6 Application Manager because it doesn't appear to exist anymore after CC is installed. The CS6 Application Manager menu bar notification appears but launches the CC Application Manager menu panel. Interestingly enough when I quit the CC Application Mananger and started it again 5 updates appeared, all CC updates. Instaling them removed the update notices for the CS6 notification menu bar icon (for the record one of the apps was Premiere Pro CC; not sure what the other was).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the adobe application manager (used to manage cs6 apps) has been replaced by the creative cloud desktop application (which manages both cs6 and cc apps).

hopefully, you only have the creative cloud application installed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I understand that. What's occurring though (and I did notice a tweet yesterday demonstrating this as well so it's not just me) is that the old CS6 menu notification icon (the Adobe 'A' with a number to the right) is appearing when there are updates to CC apps. This seems to me to be a bug. Closing the CC Application Manager and restarting it showed 5 CC updates that weren't there before (the cloud icon with the number ot the right). Updating these updated the 2 notifications in the CS6 menu notification icon and made it go away as well as updated the CC notificaiton icon and the number disappeared.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 12, 2013 Jul 12, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the exact same problem.  Thanks for providing a workaround, Stuart.  I'm not sure why the old updater's notifications are showing up even though the updater itself is not there.  It's also rather strange that those updates didn't appear until the Creative Cloud app had been quit and restarted.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 12, 2013 Jul 12, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think this is where this discussion is headed. kglad's link was helpful to a point because it got me to restart the CC AAM application which lead to the discovery that thai is a bug. Not a big deal but something Adobe definitely needs to look into.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 18, 2014 Jun 18, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This may be a little late, but I've been having the same problem for a while--I only have CS6 installed and the CC updater (which was installed along with another update I believe) is always blank.

Whenever it opens, I go to Photoshop and launch the updater there.  It's the only application updater that seems to update all of the other applications as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines