• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Error message: Installation completed but some optional components failed to install correctly.

Engaged ,
Jul 08, 2013 Jul 08, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The above error message, with (6) at its end, appears when I try to download AI CC.  There are no fatal errors, just "optional" ones, but the program installation fails and there's no way to complete it without the optionals.  I've seen this message before with other program downloads, but those have been resolved, I think by running CC Cleaner on the entire CC installation and starting again.  I'd like to solve this without having to uninstall and reinstall my other apps, especially the larger ones, since the time suck is huge.  Has anyone else resolved this problem? 

I've had lots of problems trying to get CC apps set up--some have been solved by Adobe, apparently, as they disappear, and a couple by me.  I'm also currently unable to download the latest PS bug fix, though the first one installed fine. Is this new system going to get itself sorted soon?

I've run CC Cleaner several times--though no AI CC appears on the list--and have signed out of the Cloud and back in.  Computer runs Windows 7, 64 bit.

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 10, 2013 Jul 10, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

MPDAEF can you please post any specific error messages which maybe causing you concern from your log files.  You can find information on how to locate and interpret your Installation log files at Troubleshoot with install logs | CS5, CS5.5, CS6 - http://helpx.adobe.com/creative-suite/kb/troubleshoot-install-logs-cs5-cs5.html.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jul 11, 2013 Jul 11, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am pasting below the error log for today's attempt to download/install AI

CC. The number and specific types of non-fatal errors changes will change

with each attempt.

I am not inclined (nor have I time) to try to troubleshoot these errors

myself and will, when I have time, call consumer support to deal with this

(and with installing latest PS CC bug fixes). Earlier this year, I spent

upwards of 24 actual hours with Adobe techs on what turned out, after

several weeks, to be an Adobe server malfunction. Adobe's customers should

not have to become Adobe (or computer) techs in order to have access and

use of programs for which we pay. If you can read this error log and

suggest a fix, I would obviously be much appreciative.

G

Exit Code: 6

Please see specific errors below for troubleshooting. For example,

ERROR: DF024, DF036,D ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

MPDAEF please see Error "Exit 6" or "Exit 7" | Install log | Read, write, system file errors | CS5, CS5.5 - http://helpx.adobe.com/creative-suite/kb/error-exit-6-exit-7.html for information on how to resolve your file permission issue.  You will need to look further into your log files to determine the exact directories and files which have had their file permissions compromised.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks. I'll try this and let you know.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines