• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I can't access ColdFusion 10 Admin

New Here ,
Feb 05, 2013 Feb 05, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I installed ColdFusion 10 on a Windows Server 2008 R2 a couple months ago with no problems. I have been testing the server since without it plugged into the network and have had no problems. Yesterday I plugged it into our network and everything worked like a charm with the exception of SMTP. I was troubleshooting SMTP and finally realized this morning that I needed to set the SMTP in ColdFusion. I tried to login to the ColdFusion Administrator and it said it was an "Incorrect Password". I was able to successfully login to the Admin yesterday multiple times but not today.

I have run the passwordreset.bat and selected "1" then typed in the new password and confirmed the password then the popup went away. I restarted the ColdFusion service then closed the browser and reopened the browser and typed the password and still received the "Incorrect Password".

I also went into the "neo-security.xml" file and changed the "admin.security.enabled" boolean value from "true" to "false" to get into the Administrator without a password. I was able to login to the Administrator without a password but when I made a change and hit "Submit" it didn't accept the change and it gave me an error:

"There was an error accessing this page, check logs for more details.

The log file showed the following error:

"There was an error while verifying the token. Either the session timed out or un-authenticated access is suspected."

I'm not really sure what else to do at this point besides re-install ColdFusion which is my last resort on a production server. If anyone has any possible solutions please let me know.

Thanks,

Josh

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 09, 2014 Apr 09, 2014

To the original poster above, reporting that he gets an error once logged into the Admin, where certain operations give him "There was an error accessing this page, check logs for more details.", there is indeed a workaround for that issue.

Basically, it's a duplicate cookie problem for the CF session cookie(s). There are in fact a few solutions to that, and I discuss the problem and those workarounds in a blog entry I just created:

'CF911: Solving problem in #ColdFusion Admin getting "error acces

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 06, 2013 Feb 06, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Josh,

Can you please "admin.security.enabled" boolean value from "false" to "true" and reset your currect browser, also try to access the administrator from a different browser and from the different machine.

Please let me know that fixes the issue.

Thanks

Priyank

Thanks,
Priyank Shrivastava

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Priyank,

I went back in and set the value back to true then reset the browser on the server. When I attempt to login to the CF Admin from the server it still tells me the password is incorrect. I was able to go to a workstation and access it through a browser and login successfully there. I don't understand why I can access it via a browser on a workstation but not at the server where it actually resides.

Thanks,

Josh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your response.

Can you please try to access the ColdFusion Admin in your workstation by using the machine IP address instead of Localhost or 127.0.0.1 and check if that will help.

Thanks

Priyank

Thanks,
Priyank Shrivastava

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 23, 2013 Feb 23, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That did not work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Feb 23, 2013 Feb 23, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Are you trying to access this from IE10? Can you mail us request/response header?

Thanks,

Shilpi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 26, 2013 Feb 26, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

At further investigation as Shilpi recommended I send the network request/response.   I found that the URL path I was using http://localhost:8888/cfusion/CFIDE/Administrator/

In reality.  the Administrator folder that use to be capitalized is not lower case "administrator"  so the correct path is http://localhost:8888/cfusion/CFIDE/administrator/  This is a weird error since the page loads but the configuration enter.cfm can not locate sha1.js file. Since JavaScript is case sensitive this must be the reason.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Feb 26, 2013 Feb 26, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Trubel,

Can you confirm if now Administrator is working for you?

Thanks,

Shilpi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 24, 2013 Mar 24, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Turing on "static Content" under the add windows features "common HTTP features" fixed it for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 11, 2013 Jul 11, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem. Tried everything above but none works.

Please help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Can you please try to access the ColdFusion admin from a different machine.

Regards,

Priyank

Thanks,
Priyank Shrivastava

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did tried on 3+ machines and all browser I can get (IE, FF, Chrome, Safari) with no luck.

However, I solved the problem. For some reason, I start the IIS "Default Web Site" which makes http://localhost works. Then I browse to localhost/CFIDE/admistrator and everything works!!! But it works for localhost only, if I put the real IP or the real url, it doesn't work.

Anyone has any clue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Jul 12, 2013 Jul 12, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think the default setting in the CF 10 Administration is for localhost access only and I would not recommend changing this setting. A vast majority of CF hacks are related to CFIDE/Administrator access. I recommend going further and removing CFIDE as a virtual directory on your sites and create a new one that points to an empty directory then add a scripts virtual directory under it that points back to the original CFIDE/scripts directory. There are one or more threads on this site that describe the process.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 13, 2013 Jul 13, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much. I will do per your advise.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 15, 2013 Oct 15, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same issue accessing cfadmin from the browser on the server.  For me the issue was that the browser couldn't download and exeute the script "/CFIDE/administrator/sha1.js", needed for the cfadmin login form to work, due to IE running in protected mode by default on Windows Server.

My solution was to add the server URL to the "trusted sites" zone in Internet Explorer.

Hope this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Oct 15, 2013 Oct 15, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Or you could just install an actual browser like Google Chrome.

DEATH TO EXPLORER!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 15, 2014 Jan 15, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. Turing on "IE Enhanced Security Configuration" was aslo preventing me from logging into the adminstrator and giving me the Incorrect Password message. Simply turning it off temporarily whenever I need to logon to the Coldfusion administrator fixed it for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 18, 2014 Mar 18, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Browser: Chrome/FF 27.0.1/Safari 10

Coldfusion 10: Installed within Apache

I had tried all the above and went back to investigate my mod_jk after  i read the post from  tubel.

My solution was the path to my CFIDE had the 'coldfusion10' spelled 'Coldfusion10'. I changed to lower case 'C' and my CF was back with a bang!!

Hope this solves problem for someone out there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 09, 2014 Apr 09, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

To the original poster above, reporting that he gets an error once logged into the Admin, where certain operations give him "There was an error accessing this page, check logs for more details.", there is indeed a workaround for that issue.

Basically, it's a duplicate cookie problem for the CF session cookie(s). There are in fact a few solutions to that, and I discuss the problem and those workarounds in a blog entry I just created:

'CF911: Solving problem in #ColdFusion Admin getting "error accessing this page" on certain actions'

http://www.carehart.org/blog/client/index.cfm/2014/4/10/CF_Admin_error_about_error_accessing_this_pa...

Hope that may help some readers here.

/Charlie (troubleshooter, carehart.org)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation