• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Activate Hijacked my PC!

New Here ,
Jul 12, 2013 Jul 12, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Activate hijacked my PC. In Comodo Killswitch, every single process is hijacked by Adobe and has an established connection with activate.adobe.com, or some kind of adobe activation server.

TCPactivate.adobe.com51739activate.adobe.com12080Established

Even desktop gadgets, Chrome, and steam are trying to access adobe! It hijacked my computer and is hoarding data. Help!

TCPactivate.adobe.com51739activate.adobe.com12080Established

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jul 12, 2013 Jul 12, 2013

We don't know anything about your system and it's unlikely that this is caused by the Adobe software. It's more likely that some virus on your system is active or that the security software itself is getting things wrong and messing with your ports when trying to block Adobe servers. Not unheard of...

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Jul 12, 2013 Jul 12, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We don't know anything about your system and it's unlikely that this is caused by the Adobe software. It's more likely that some virus on your system is active or that the security software itself is getting things wrong and messing with your ports when trying to block Adobe servers. Not unheard of...

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 02, 2022 Nov 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue, and I think you are wrong.   I have a 2012 Macbook Pro 15 inch with Parallels running an older copy of Windows XP 32 bit, and the associated programs I transferred from my old PC.  Adobe clearly installs some cookie to make you buy CS whenever you launch their software.  That's fine, if I'm trying to use a CS product.  But I get that message now even with older Adobe software which I installed originally from disk (e.g., Photoshop 6.0), which should not require any Cloud subscription to run.  Also, I'm also getting this message from Adobe every time I try to open any other software from any other companies (e.g., Magix, Sion), which are not  their products, and notlicensed by them.  They basically have hijacked my computer to extort money for services I don't want.   So how are they better than any other unscrupulous, thieving internet pirates out there?  Worst of all, this company has no customer support or help available, by phone or email, unless you become a subscriber and  pay them their blood money for the CS, whether you want it or not.   There must be a file associated with this subscription demand window.  There must be a way to find and delete it.  Somebody must know.  Heeeeellllllppp!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 02, 2022 Nov 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i recommend leaving it. you're lucky to have anything adobe working in parallels esp with a transfer instead of a proper install.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 03, 2022 Nov 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"...But I get that message now..." You haven't told us what message you get!

Anyway, if Adobe had things connected to buying CS, that all ended when they stopped selling CS, back in 2014... Subscriptions are not to CS.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 04, 2022 Nov 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The message I get is from CS6 Master Collection saying "sign in required".  I have a lot of CS6 applications installed on this Macbook.  But the only one I've ever used (a long time ago) was Photoshop.  I expected my old Windows copy of Photoshop 6.0 would run when I installed XP on my Mac in Parallels. But this pops up when I try to run it.  More of an issue now is that it also pops up when I try to run all the other programs on here which Adobe doesn't own, including Microsoft office, Magix and Sion.  So it's blocking my use of just about all my other programs I need.   I don't have disks to reinstall all of these anymore.  So I need to uninstall whatever Adobe files are making this pop up happen.  If I uninstall all the CS6 applications, will this go away and let me use the other programs?  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

photoshop 6 and photoshop cs6 are different.  when you mentioned ps 6, was that a typo?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines