Exit

After Effects can’t continue: unexpected failure during application startup

Community Beginner ,
May 01, 2013 May 01, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey.

I really really need you help.

i get this error message everytime when i start AE CS6 ... i dont know why because PS, AI, Pr works fine.

what i tried was:

1. reinstalled AE and Master Collection

2. deleted every Preferences and Application support Folder with adobe

3. repaired the disk permission

4. repaired the font chach and everything.

actually every adobe folder was deleted, but after a new installation i got the same massage only with AE

i dont want to reinstall my OS.

do you have any solutions?

Im using macbook pro mid 2010 with Mountain Lion

thank you

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Find the exact crash info:

Working with your Operating System’s Tools

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thats what i get ... hope it helps

Process:         After Effects [13339]

Path:            /Applications/Adobe After Effects CS6/Adobe After Effects CS6.app/Contents/MacOS/After Effects

Identifier:      com.adobe.AfterEffects

Version:         11.0 (11.0)

Code Type:       X86-64 (Native)

Parent Process:  launchd [640]

User ID:         501

Date/Time:       2013-05-01 14:14:49.538 +0200

OS Version:      Mac OS X 10.8.3 (12D78)

Report Version:  10

Crashed Thread:  0

Exception Type:  EXC_BREAKPOINT (SIGTRAP)

Exception Codes: 0x0000000000000002, 0x0000000000000000

Application Specific Information:

dyld: launch, loading dependent libraries

Dyld Error Message:

Library not loaded: @executable_path/../Frameworks/boost_signals.framework/Versions/A/boost_signals

Referenced from: /Applications/Adobe After Effects CS6/Adobe After Effects CS6.app/Contents/MacOS/After Effects

Reason: no suitable image found.  Did find:

/Applications/Adobe After Effects CS6/Adobe After Effects CS6.app/Contents/MacOS/../Frameworks/boost_signals.framework/Versions/A/boost_signals: mach-o, but wrong architecture

/Applications/Adobe After Effects CS6/Adobe After Effects CS6.app/Contents/MacOS/../Frameworks/boost_signals.framework/Versions/A/boost_signals: mach-o, but wrong architecture

Binary Images:

0x100000000 -        0x100003fff +com.adobe.AfterEffects (11.0 - 11.0) <55C225CA-52AB-5D33-9459-2C224607414D> /Applications/Adobe After Effects CS6/Adobe After Effects CS6.app/Contents/MacOS/After Effects

0x100008000 -        0x100034ff7 +libtbb.dylib (0) <57655978-A378-BE1E-7905-7D7F951AD6F7> /Applications/Adobe After Effects CS6/Adobe After Effects CS6.app/Contents/Frameworks/libtbb.dylib

0x10004d000 -        0x10005bff3 +libtbbmalloc.dylib (0) <CB038B96-2999-5EB1-E26A-7720A7A8F8CD> /Applications/Adobe After Effects CS6/Adobe After Effects CS6.app/Contents/Frameworks/libtbbmalloc.dylib

0x7fff6ec71000 -     0x7fff6eca593f  dyld (210.2.3) <A40597AA-5529-3337-8C09-D8A014EB1578> /usr/lib/dyld

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First, install the bug-fix updates. There have been two so far for your version of After Effects.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

still the same error with the updates ... it has to be something really deep.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seems to be a file I/O or kernel error, which might require some deeper system inspection. Could be that some core library is of the wrong version or you are seeing some oddities with 32bit vs. 64bit compatibility stuff... Impossible to say from a distance, but it would seem that this only can be fixed by reinstalling your OS cleanly from scratch...

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 13, 2013 Jul 13, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

made a fresh instalation of the OS. and i tried it again and still the same error. I have a new SSD and all the stuff ... how is that possible?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 13, 2013 Jul 13, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, if it still uses a specific kernel version that is not compatible nothing would have changed. I agree that it's odd, but something is going on on your system. Perhaps time to call in another Mac geek for a hands-on look?

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jul 01, 2014 Jul 01, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem. Just reinstalled the whole OS to a new hard drive. Downloaded AE CC instead of cs6 and have the same error.
Adobe do something ! I need now to borrow a pc every time i want to use After Effects. I really tried everything i could to fix it but it still doesn't work well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 03, 2014 Jul 03, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same with me!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jul 04, 2014 Jul 04, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

GUYS I FOUND A SOLUTION!

I just downgraded my mac Mountain Lion 10.8, installed adobe CC And After effects works !!

Now let's see if it still works when i update my system to 10.9 or 10.10 where i got this issue..

edit:
          I went back to 10.8 and downloaded a free mavericks update ( no clean build but the one from app store ) and it works perfectly !
          Next week i'll try Yosemite 10.10 hope this one works well

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 24, 2016 Nov 24, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

***  RUN  AFTER  EFFECTS  AS  ADMINISTRATOR ***

Okay so this thread and question aren't exactly new, but I have had this same problem with After Effects CC. With both the 2017 update, and the previous version.

Both times, all I needed to do was RUN THE PROGRAMME AS ADMINISTRATOR.

Variations of this question are floating around the Adobe forums with incorrect answers... It appears to be a problem with most versions of After Effects.

Hopefully this answer saves someone from going through unnecessary uninstallation, reinstallation, restarting, font deletion, changing of permissions etc etc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 28, 2016 Nov 28, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It worked! , thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 23, 2016 Dec 23, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is the solution that worked for me as well, thanks Brisket01!

In case anyone is unclear (since I'm pretty sure "Run as Admin" is a PC-specific option) on Macs you may need to manually change the permissions of After Effects folders (in my personal case, it was ~/Users/[user_name]/Library/preferences/Adobe/After Effects/14.0* ).

Navigate to the folder in question, select "Get Info," and change the Sharing & Permissions from "Read Only" to "Read and Write." Hit the little gear below the permissions and select "Apply to All Enclosed Items" to be safe.

Here are the official Adobe instructions on this process: fixing permissions problem that impedes start of Adobe applications | Creative Cloud blog by Adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 05, 2017 Oct 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

please help same error AE 2017 14 and permission is set to Read Write

still getiing same error

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 05, 2017 Oct 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

please help same error AE 2017 14 and permission is set to Read Write

still getiing same error  please help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 09, 2017 Nov 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hoppi,

Sorry for the frustration. I suggest you try repairing Adobe folder permissions. More info here: Premiere Pro CC, CC 2014, or 2014.1 freezing on startup or crashing while working (Mac OS X 10.9, an...

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 13, 2019 Sep 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not a tech guy or anything... But maybe try updating your computer? I fixed the error by updating my macbook. First I tried a few things I found surfing the web but still nothing. But after getting a notification to update my mac I just decided I might as well and now the problems been fixed 🙂 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 15, 2020 Jan 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Start the program again when the error message pops up open your task manager (Ctrl, Alt, Del) and then end the task of After Effects. Then go and start after effects it will work because I did it. The problem is having many AE programs try to start. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines