• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Need help with upgrade from Adobe Creative Suite to PS CS4

New Here ,
Jul 12, 2013 Jul 12, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My old laptop with Photoshop on it crashed and I ended up purchasing a new laptop.

I'm trying to reload my PS CS4.  I am using an upgrade from an educational Adobe Creative Suite Premium to the CS4 and when I loaded it on my old laptop I had to get installation help through customer service, but now customer service will not help me since it is CS4.

When installing the upgrade, it tell me to select the product I already own.  I own the educational full creative suite, but am only upgrading the Photoshop.  I chose Photoshop CS and tried entering the serial number for the suite.  It tells me that the serial number doesn't match the product chosen.  Of course the only products I'm allowed to choose from is Photoshop CS, CS2, or CS3 and not Creative Suite Premium.

The other serial numbers on this CS is Golive CO and Pagemaker Plug-in.

I was told there are Adobe customer service reps here on the forum, please tell me what it was I need to do to get my Photoshop installed.

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 12, 2013 Jul 12, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You probably got one of those hacky "upsell" deals on Adobe's graces.... Try to open a web chat.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 13, 2013 Jul 13, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I went on chat this morning at 4:00am.  Was told that unfortunately the files needed for Photoshop was down at the moment and try chat again in 5-6 hours.

It's now 10:45am and I went back to chat, was told that they were switching to different servers, try back in 5-6 hours.  I told them that's what I was told about 7 hours ago to check back in 5-6 hours.  They just wrote back, "Sorry for the inconvenience".

Frustrating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Morning Kglad,  I have the CS4 program upgrade, just trying to reinstall upgrade from an educational full Creative Suite after old computer crashed.

The problem is when asked what previous product I'm upgrading from, the only choices I have are Photoshop CS, CS2, or CS3.  The serial number I have is for full Creative Suite Premium so when I use that serial number saying upgrading from Photoshop CS, I get error message that serial number doesn't match product selected.

I had this problem also when I first installed this upgrade about 4 or 5 years ago and had to go through a series of steps with customer service to get it installed.

Now since it's CS4, customer service is telling me they can't help with it and to come to the forums for help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i understand you have a serial number for cs premium.  do you also have a serial number for cs4 premium (and you only want to install photoshop from that suite)?  or, is your 2nd serial number for photoshop cs4?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The only thing that I used in the Creative Suite Premium was the Photoshop, so I just purchased the upgrade for Photoshop CS4 instead of purchasing the entire suite.

So I have the SN for the CS premium and the upgrade is for Photoshop CS4 only.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i wasn't aware that you could get a ps4 at an upgrade price using an older creative suite produect.  i searched online and found this thread (http://forums.adobe.com/thread/476009) which makes it appear that was not a valid upgrade path.

but, if you're confident that was a valid upgrade path, i'm pretty sure something will need to be done on adobe's end and no amount of manipulation, on your end only, will work.

your best bet would be to get help in this forum from an adobe staff member like jeff wright who is very knowledgeable and goes out of his way to help adobe customers.  to that end, if i were you, i would start a new thread mentioning his name in your title and in your initial post explaining:

you have the educational Adobe Creative Suite Premium and purchased a photoshop cs4 upgrade years ago that required adobe support help to install years ago. 

that worked well until a recent computer problem forced you buy a new laptop and you are now trying to reinstall that ps cs4 and again need support help but have been refused help because cs4 is not current.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That was a concern I had in the beginning about upgrading from CS to PS4, but I did call Adobe customer service and told them exactly what I had and they told me that was an acceptable upgrade even reiterated to them it was an educational platform I was upgrading from and told it was acceptable.

I called back to talk with someone else to be sure the previous contact wasn't misunderstanding me, but the second said it was an allowable upgrade also.  So I purchased the upgrade.

I did have this install problem like I say when I first installed it the first time and another customer service walked me through what to do to get past all of it.

I appreciate you giving me Jeff's name.  I will start a new thread and ask him if he will refer back to this thread.

Thanks Kglad.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Brian,

There is no upgrade path from any CS Suite product to an individual Adobe product like Photoshop. Whomever you spoke to probably mis-interpreted your question since there were many Photoshop to CS Suite upgrade paths. What version of the CS Suite did you own (educational version is not relevant). The upgrade paths available have been:

CS Suite to CS Suite

Certain CS programs to CS Suite.

Adobe does not sell Photoshop upgrades to CS 4 at this time. When and where did you purchase this upgrade from.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The CS version I had was the first creative suite.

I purchased this upgrade directly from Adobe about 4 or 5 years ago.

Customer service did have to work with me to get it installed and it was registered with Adobe after I installed it.

I can even retrieve my receipt number from Adobe.  They wouldn't have sold me the upgrade if it weren't allowable.

I was going to purchase the full version, but was told that I did qualify for the purchase of the upgrade using my CS.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

check with jeff wright.  he's your best hope.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I posted a separate thread for Jeff.

In the first reply by Mylenium, he suggested I open a chat with Adobe customer service.  The first attempt, I was told to give them 5-6 hours because servers were down.  Second attempt, was told to give them 5-6 hours they were changing servers.

Just got off chat with them again and they have provided me with the bypass code and problem is now solved.

Found the chat here (http://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/my-serial-number-doesnt-work.html) in case anyone else ever has this problem.

I appreciate all the help and suggestions.

I have also gone back to the post I made to get Jeff redirected to this one and have deleted it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 14, 2013 Jul 14, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

good to hear you got that solved.  (make a note of the solution for the future in case you need to reinstall, again.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exactly what I did.  I copied and pasted my reason for contacting Adobe chat in the top of a word file.  I pasted the link I used to get to chat at the top of that file, and I pasted all the chat into that file.

I printed out that word file and folded it up and put it in with the program.  So now, if I ever have to do this again, I will remember everything I did to resolve.  On top of that, I have the serial number from what I've upgraded from right there so I don't have to hunt down that serial number again.

One other tip just in case someone else happens onto this chat topic.

I had a corrupt file on my disk when trying to install and it wouldn't install.  Another post topic I had in this forum suggested copying all files from the DVD to my hard drive  (easiest to the desktop so you can find it).  I did that and didn't have any problem installing from the copied files.  I'm going to make a backup DVD from this file and also put that in my box.

Thanks again kglad and all others.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

you're welcome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines