• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cross Reference Format

New Here ,
Jul 13, 2013 Jul 13, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a cross reference format for listing two steps? I'd like to have, "See Steps 5 and 6 on page 2" as a cross reference. I found formats for the "5" and "page 2," but can't seem to find a format for the "6". I also inserted a second marker but couldn't figure out how to combine it with the phrase.

Thank you!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Jul 14, 2013 Jul 14, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, there isn't, and there is a very good conceptual reason for it: a cross-reference points to one single marker (or object). Pointing to two diffent objects would require two pointing fingers, so to speak, and one cross-reference only has one finger to point with. What you are looking for is conceptually impossible.

You will have to do it using two cross-references and adapting the format for the first to only list the step and the second to list both step and page. Life it tough, sometimes.

Good luck

Jang

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 15, 2013 Jul 15, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

> ... but can't seem to find a format for the "6".

It's <$paranumonly>, but as Jang points out, it's a second, independent Xref.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

GHAustin wrote:

Is there a cross reference format for listing two steps? I'd like to have, "See Steps 5 and 6 on page 2" as a cross reference. I found formats for the "5" and "page 2," but can't seem to find a format for the "6". I also inserted a second marker but couldn't figure out how to combine it with the phrase.

Thank you!

4everjang's comment doesn't mean you have to like FrameMaker's lack of the feature you want. A FrameMaker index entry can point to a range of source text, so if you think that would be a good enhancement to the cross-reference feature, consider posting a formal enhancement request here: Wishform. The more requests that are posted, the more likely that the feature will appear in some future version. Nothing to lose, everything to gain.

HTH

Regards,

Peter

Peter Gold

KnowHow ProServices

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines