• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

cfmap and Google api key

Participant ,
Jul 02, 2013 Jul 02, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Google is no longer providing api keys.  Does the cfmap tag still require one?  If so, what is the workaround?

Thank you.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You still have to specify one, it doesn't seem CFMap has any way to work around the fact that it's now not required for using the v3 API.  Probably not helped by the way they rushed out a hotfix in May just before API v2 was going to stop working (now extended until November 2013).

The workaround - don't use the cfmap tag.  It's simple enough to write the JS yourself.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you.  That's what I'm working on now. 

I've been loyal to CF for 13 years now, but Adobe is making it harder-and-harder for me to stay committed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you sure they're not issuing API keys?  See the instructions here: https://developers.google.com/maps/documentation/javascript/tutorial#api_key

Also make sure you select for API v3 and not v2, but otherwise I think that should work?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I actually just found the same thing.  I was getting ready to post it when you did.

Thank YOU!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've logged the mandatory API key as a feature request in the bugbase.  You might want to vote it up: https://bugbase.adobe.com/index.cfm?event=bug&id=3588783

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 16, 2013 Jul 16, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is that CF9? I'm on CF10 and it doesn't seem to be mandatory.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jul 16, 2013 Jul 16, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm on CF9, but I'm not sure now if I've got all the latest hotfixes installed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation