• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cloud Update Failure: Error Code A12E1

Explorer ,
Jul 16, 2013 Jul 16, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried to update the Cloud app. I get this error.

"We've encountered the following issues:

Sorry, there seems to be a problem with the installation process (Error Code: A12E1). For troubleshooting tips, please visit our support page."

So here I am. I have no idea what to do.

Hardware Specs:

Mac 10.8.4

2.66GHz Intel Core i7

8GB 1067MHz DDR3

No external drives

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jul 16, 2013 Jul 16, 2013

Hi dlatzen,

Please follow these steps to fix this issue.

Download and run Adobe Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool. You can download it from this Website

http://www.adobe.com/support/contact/cscleanertool.html

Once done please rename OOBE Folder to OOBE.old  from the mentioned location.

/Library/Application Support/Adobe/

Download and Install Creative Cloud Desktop App from this Location

https://creative.adobe.com/products/creative-cloud

If none of the above steps work then please create another Admin user Acc

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 16, 2013 Jul 16, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi dlatzen,

Please follow these steps to fix this issue.

Download and run Adobe Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool. You can download it from this Website

http://www.adobe.com/support/contact/cscleanertool.html

Once done please rename OOBE Folder to OOBE.old  from the mentioned location.

/Library/Application Support/Adobe/

Download and Install Creative Cloud Desktop App from this Location

https://creative.adobe.com/products/creative-cloud

If none of the above steps work then please create another Admin user Account and try to install Creative Cloud Desktop app there.

Please let us know if it helps.

Regards,

Abhijit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 18, 2013 Jul 18, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried this and now cannot even get creative cloud desktop to install. Comes up with exactly same error.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please see this thread http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1045283, it talks about disabling Firewall, Restarting the machine and few other helpful steps.

Thanks!

Ankit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 23, 2013 Jul 23, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I followed the directions on the Cloud Cleaner page, renamed the OOBE folder like you said, then downloaded Cloud. Everything seems to be working now, thanks for the help Abhijit.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 25, 2013 Aug 25, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The problem is though that this is now the 2nd/3rd update and the same error keeps coming back. So, this is not a fix but a work around. please fix this issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 27, 2013 Aug 27, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe is collecting their money from us every month while their own updaters are costing us hours of downtime!  And the Windows people are having the same issues!  Do we have to check the support forums BEFORE consenting to install any updates? From now on, I’m going to wait until the problems are solved before updating.

Are you listening, Adobe?  We are not your guinea pigs: we pay you to provide solutions for us, not to create problems.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm getting this error too.  Frustrating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried the cleaner set up as above and ended up losing Cloud Desktop and Bridge CC.

By chance, I had to change my email address in my Adobe, did this etc, then I was able to download Cloud Desk and then Bridge which took 1 hour.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 27, 2013 Jul 27, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Solution by Adobe support: http://t.co/yMM12hj1th

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 01, 2013 Aug 01, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A system restart did the trick for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 24, 2013 Sep 24, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I ran into this issue recently myself when I was applying the lastest updates to CC:

Error Code: A12E1)

I thought the fix recommended - running the cleaner and/or reinstalling the entire Suite, etc - was a little bit extreme. I was able to apply the update in a round about manner. I didn't have time to do a complete reinstall just to fix a couple of photos.

Issue: When applying the update to Creative Cloud you get the error about 3/4 of the way through the upgrade:

"We've encountered the following issues:

Sorry, there seems to be a problem with the installation process (Error Code: A12E1). For troubleshooting tips, please visit our support page."

Tried again after a reboot. Same error.

HERE IS MY FIX:

I am Running Lion, and this is what worked for me:

Resolution:

1. Restarted the Mac, telling it NOT to open the programs on reboot

2. Opened Photoshop

3. Went to Help and selected updates...

4. Launched the update through Photoshop. It ran through and updated the applications.

After I was done, I noted the CC update indicator next to the clock went away. I also noted that when I launched Photoshop from Lightroom I didn't get the error saying my Adobe Raw was out of date which is what prompted the update in the beginning.

I should note that when I did this I got an error saying some library was open so I canceled the upgrader and closed out of the program I forgot to close, so make sure this is a clean restart.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Feb 27, 2014 Feb 27, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Jake.  I did just as you mentioned and it worked great. 

We have been getting this error for weeks now after upgrading to Lion (in order to install CC).  I've been able to get most of the systems to update nicely but one in particular wouldn't no matter what I tried.  I opened Photoshop as you suggested and ran the installer with no issue.  I then opened Creative Cloud Desktop, which prompted an update, which installed without issue.

Thanks again for the workaround.  Hopefully it goes smoothly from here on out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 14, 2014 Feb 14, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've tried almost everything on all the boards I can find.  I even rolled back to a three month old OS image when the service still worked.  That is a strong indication the problem is on the Adobe end.  The only option left is to de install everything and re-install. 

This is an unprofessional solution for a $600 annual service.  I will re-install CS6.  I will cancel the $600 annual subsription.  I will re-engage when I hear Adobe has fixed the A12E1 error code issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 03, 2014 Mar 03, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

GuyJr wrote:

I've tried almost everything on all the boards I can find.  I even rolled back to a three month old OS image when the service still worked.  That is a strong indication the problem is on the Adobe end.  The only option left is to de install everything and re-install. 

If it helps, you can also download and install any of the CC updates yourself without using the Creative Cloud Desktop app at all:

All Adobe CC Updates for Windows: Direct Links

All Adobe CC Updates for Mac OS: Direct Links

It's the old-fashioned way so perhaps not ideal, but a good workaround if other options aren't working for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 20, 2014 Mar 20, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've tried everything on these discussion boards multiple times and still have issues updating Creative Cloud. I'm starting to think this won't be solved until a class action suit is brought against Adobe for not addressing this issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 27, 2014 Mar 27, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CreativeCloudisTerrible please see A12E1 error installing Creative Cloud products | CC - http://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/a12e1-error-downloading-creative-cloud.html for information on how to solve this error.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 28, 2014 Mar 28, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've gone through the forums and tried every "fix" Adobe and others have posted.

After months of trial and error, I finally found that all of my errors were coming from Adobe Creative Cloud conflicting with IBM Lotus Notes 8.5 .

Why do I blame Adobe for this issue?

Since the majority of users on this forum don't use Notes, my guess is the Creative Cloud updater has conflict issues  (the dreaded A12E1 error) with a multitude of programs (Caused by port conflicts?).

Adobe doesn't want to troubleshoot their own software, so they leave it to the suckers that purchased this headache from them to find fixes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 28, 2014 Mar 28, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

CreativeCloudisTerrible do you know what specific application or process is interferring with the update process?  Are you able to reproduce the issue on another computer?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines