• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Breadcumbs don't work online: '404 - File or directory not found'

New Here ,
Jul 19, 2013 Jul 19, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Breadcrumbs all work fine when testing my AirHelp application offline on my Windows 7 pc, (or if I access it as online browser based help). However, when I try to test the online Airhelp most of the breadcrumbs return a '404 - File or directory not found' error.

My RoboHelp Project has been created as follows:

1. There is a homepage created inside of RoboHelp

2. Then I have linked a number of framemaker books, for each of which the FM table of contents is being converted to create a new associated TOC.

3. In the master TOC I have added a New TOC Book for each framemaker book (making it a book with a link to a htm), under the New TOC Book I have inserted a TOC placeholder for the appropriate associated TOC.

When the Online AirHelp version is run, the breadcrumbs can only be used to navigate to the homepage and to the New TOC Books at the level immediately beneath the home page. The links to these pages seem to make sense, being of the form:

BreadcrumbLink
Homeevent:homepage.htm
Home/User Guideevent:../../../User_Guide.htm

Where it goes wrong is for the breadcrumbs futher down the path which have links similar to those shown below:

BreadcrumbLink
Home/User Guide/Introductionevent:introduction.htm
Home/Handbook/Sign_Conventionsevent:Sign_Conventions.htm

In both of the above the URL request that is being passed to the online server is not the full path, (it seems to be a relative path?) Is this the reason why the breadcrumbs don't work, and if so can you suggest what I need to do to get them working?

I am up against a deadline, and at the moment the only way forward I have is to abandon the converted Framemaker TOCs and have RoboHelp autocreate a TOC for the whole project for me, however this is not a practical solution because the folder structure is not the same when I do this and would require a great deal of manual editing each time it is rebuilt.

Hoping somebody out there can please assist?

Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
no replies

Have something to add?