• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash Player 11.8.800.94 - 11.8.800.95 (beta) crashing.

Community Beginner ,
Jul 12, 2013 Jul 12, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Everyone.

I've been heavily involved with the Adobe Flash Player since 2006 mostly involving webcam services and this is the first time ive seen the flash player become completely unstable with regards to the webcam or viewing a webcam feed.  From looking around it looks like this issue is affecting video as well.  I've posted a new bug https://bugbase.adobe.com/index.cfm?event=bug&id=3594351 and would really like to get some feedback/discussion on this...

Thanks in advance.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Jul 23, 2013 Jul 23, 2013

This bug is now FIXED in build 11.8.800.120

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 12, 2013 Jul 12, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

There's definitely an issue related to microphone audio sample rate conversion that's on my radar, but that wouldn't typically cause an issue if you're just watching a streaming feed.

Can you please provide a specific URL or URLs that demonstrate the problem?  Also, your OS and browser would be helpful.

Finally, does disabling hardware acceleration resolve the issue for you?  (Right-click on some Flash content, choose Settings, click the left-most tab and uncheck Use Hardware Acceleration)?

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 15, 2013 Jul 15, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Jeromie

My OS is Windows 7 64-bit and the browser is IE.  I've created a test environment that demonstrates the bug and would like to send you the link.  Is there a private way of getting it too you?

Regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 15, 2013 Jul 15, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sure.  Just click my name/icon in the post to pull up my profile, and then choose Send Private Message from the right-hand menu.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 17, 2013 Jul 17, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Jeromie.

Were you able to access the test app and reproduce the crash?

Regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 17, 2013 Jul 17, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I ran the app in Chrome and Firefox for a few minutes each, and IE10 for the better part of the afternoon on my Win7 x64 machine yesterday and did not see a crash with 11.8.800.94.

If you disable Hardware Acceleration in Flash (Right-click on a SWF, choose Settings, click the left-most tab and uncheck Use Hardware Acceleration), does the crash persist?

If you don't see the crash with hardware acceleration disabled, can you send me the output of Dxdiag?  (Start > type 'dxdiag', click 'save all information')  That will help me find comparable hardware to look at.

Thanks,

Jeromie

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 18, 2013 Jul 18, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jeromie.

We've updated to 11.8.800.115 and still experience the crash.

Disabling hardware acceleration doesn't help.  We updated our webcam drivers as well hoping that would help and still crashes within minutes.  When you ran your test for the duration did you view your own webcam stream?  It seems that the problem occurs when broadcasting your cam/mic and that will only occur if you are being viewed...otherwise the system won't create a data stream.

I'll get a saved dxdiag to you.

Regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, I had both the preview and stream windows open and I moved them around and stuff just for good measure.  I tried using both my built-in camera and mic and a microsoft lifecam, but no luck on either.

I'm pretty sure based on what I'm seeing in the aggregate crash stats that this is related to a microphone bug that we introduced in 11.8.800.88, but I really want to get a call stack to make sure we don't have something else going on as well. 

I haven't had a chance to set up a VM with IE8/9 to try it there yet (busy week), but that's next on my to-do list.  If you can get a crash report from Firefox (get it to crash, then check about:crashes and then click the newest one to submit the report) I can tell you definitively without needing to reproduce it on my end.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the DXDiag details.  I sent a note out to the QE team to see if anyone has that webcam or something similar.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Jeromie.

We have been able to verify that the bug has to do with the mic codec.  We are now running nellymoser instead of speex and everything seems to be fine.  Hope this helps narrow things down.

Regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 23, 2013 Jul 23, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This bug is now FIXED in build 11.8.800.120

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jul 24, 2013 Jul 24, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I've tried 11.8.800.120 for about one hour (Chrome browser) and it looks fine for now, so yes I think this time it's fixed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

We encountered the similar problem with you. The difference is that we only use voice but not video. And unlucky, our service can only support speec codec. It was crashed in Chrome or IE  only with the flash player's version 11.8.800.94,  and it will occur in most machines. If you have any ideas or information to solve, please tell us with the E-mail:463483862@qq.com

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jul 19, 2013 Jul 19, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys!

Flash player 11.8.800.94 was crashing ( for me ) only on xhamster live webcams, every max 5 minutes, on IE 10 and Chrome 28 , Windows 7 32.

I've updated today to beta 11.8.800.115 and not a single crash since then. It's running nice and stable.

You should release this beta to all, so everybody can get rid of those annoying crashes.

Keep up the good work.

LE: I've jumped too soon with conclusions. 11.8.800.115 it's crashing too on xhamster, but a little bit later than .94

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 19, 2013 Jul 19, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Alex,

In your suggestion, I've also updated to beta 11.8.800.115, but the crash was still happened and not  little later than before(94)。I tested, the crash occurred in the object Netstream.play().

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 21, 2013 Jul 21, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cannot get my Rosetta Stone Chat to stay open for more than 3 minutes.  Each time I try to go into my already paid for lesson, flashplayer shuts down.  I have sent as of now, fifteen notices..... WTH is going on?????

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines