• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Converting Air Project to Web Project in Flash Builder 4

New Here ,
Jul 14, 2011 Jul 14, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have an Air project that I need to convert to a web project to post online.  I've looked online with no luck so far, but perhaps someone can point me in the right direction.

The closest thing I see to being what I want is if I go to Properties > Run/Debug Settings.  In there I tried going to New > Web Application but when I browse for Project it comes up empty, and so is the "Application file" dropdown.  I tried screwing around int he Source tab in the same window but it doesn't seem to help much.

Other things that look close to what I want but don't work are when I right click my project, there's a "Add/Change project type" but all options are greyed out and I don't see anything web related in the options anyway.

Also there's Properties > Targeted Runtimes, but there's nothing there I can do.

Then in Properties > Flex Compiler I have "Generate accessible SWF file" checked.  But when I try to use that file it won't work in the browser flash player.

So... is there an easy way to convert an Air project to a Web project?

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 15, 2011 Jul 15, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anyone??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 15, 2011 Jul 15, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay.... so apparently you can go from web to Air, but you can't go from Air to web.  That's just great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Rebuilding project now.  @$%"@#()"%&@

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 19, 2012 Jul 19, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm glad (but at the same time sad) someone has had the exact same problem I had.

I've tried a few things (though none successful).

- creating a flash pro project from the fb project

- creating an AS3 project from the as3 mobile project (which runs on air). now this one I thought would work, and it does in Flash Player, however, when I try to run it with the generated html file, all I get is a string of errors.

Here is something that does work.

If you create an AIR project in Flash Pro (I've only tried this in CS5.5), when you publish the project, it will generate the swf and html files and the html file works and the swf runs great. Unfortunately you have to start that way (which sucks for programmers that want the benefits of Flash Builder). I haven't found anything to properly convert it yet.

I hope this is some insight, even a year later.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 20, 2013 Jul 20, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Any progress Adobe Team?   I too am in need of converting a project I originally created as a desktop Air app with Flashbuilder into a web app.  Any and all info would be greatly appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines