• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Tech Comm Content Strategy and Tools Survey & more prizes!

LEGEND ,
Jul 22, 2013 Jul 22, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are pleased to announce the launch of “Adobe Tech Comm Content Strategy and Tools Survey!”  The purpose of this survey is to understand how you create content, collaborate with peers, and distribute the content to end users. We want to understand what tools you use, how you use them and how they can be improved for your needs.

Please spare 20 minutes of your precious time to fill out the survey and stand a chance to win one of the 15 exciting prizes (TCS4 licenses, Samsung LED TV, iPad Mini, and more..)!

Survey Link: http://survey.douwriteright.com/

It does not matter if you use Adobe products or not. As long as you are a Tech Comm professional, we want to hear your opinion.  Also, after the survey is over, we will be sharing some of the key insights from the survey on our Tech Comm blog, for everyone to access. So, please take the survey, influence the direction of Adobe Tech Comm products and win some cool prizes.

We are definitely listening!!

Few additional points

•     The survey has 40 questions and should take approximately 20 minutes of your time

• You can fill the survey in multiple sessions. For this, you are required to provide an email id and a password at the beginning and you can log back in with these credentials to restart the survey

•     If you face any issues with the survey or for any general survey feedback, please write to techcomm@adobe.com

See my blog post with more details:

•     Shortened URL: http://adobe.ly/10WPuuW

thanks,

Kapil Verma

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, that was a significant improvement over the last survey, but whoever authors these things needs to have some real end users try them first.

In far to many pages, my answer was "Not, and no plans to.", which I had to enter via the free-form comment field at the bottom, because it was not one of the options.

The number of questions bearing on the licensing issue suggest that at least the Tech Comm part of ADBE is probing the customer base before going catastrophically cloudy.

No questions on the TCS bundle (or even what other Adobe tools you use). Odd.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Error7103 wrote:

Well, that was a significant improvement over the last survey, but whoever authors these things needs to have some real end users try them first.

In far to many pages, my answer was "Not, and no plans to.", which I had to enter via the free-form comment field at the bottom, because it was not one of the options.

The number of questions bearing on the licensing issue suggest that at least the Tech Comm part of ADBE is probing the customer base before going catastrophically cloudy.

No questions on the TCS bundle (or even what other Adobe tools you use). Odd.

As soon as I got to  the bit that required this answer, I thought, "Error7103 won't be happy with this...".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 24, 2013 Jul 24, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

A key challenge that Adobe is facing with FM and TCS, and that the survey did not really focus on, is platform strategy (other than cloud-based).

FM runs only on MS Windows today. MS has made a possibly fatal mess of Windows (and the x86 PC market) with Window 8. The nearly $1B write-off for Surface slabs, and the sad story on the Surface app catalog, strongly suggests that Windows has zero future on ARM.

For customers who insist on running an app locally, FM/TCS needs another place to run. The obvious candidates are MacOS, where FM used to run, and Linux, where FM briefly ran. Unix, where FM sort of still runs (FM8 is still available for Solaris) is probably out of the picture.

Mac might be the leading choice, as CS runs native there today.

A return to Linux probably would imply that whatever is ported also runs on Android. Adobe has their toes in that water, with Photoshop Express, but I'm not sure that Android is fully featured enough to be used as a desktop content creation platform.

But the real question is: what do the paying customers want?

The survey asked one incomplete question on that.

Whatever the platform, the whole of TCS needs to run on it, plus Photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines