Skip navigation
shpmoon
Currently Being Moderated

Following the tutorial but the page starts in the middle of the browser

Jul 11, 2013 6:26 PM

Tags: #problem_margins_top

musepagestartsinmiddle.JPG

This is the results I had when I followed along with the create your first page tutorial.  I thought everything was going ok, but when I previewed the page in the browser, the page starts in the middle of the browser instead of at the top, but I have no clue what I did wrong, or how to fix it.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jul 12, 2013 5:15 AM   in reply to shpmoon

Hello shpmoon,

Does your Master page in Muse look the same as the browser preview; does it show the header in the middle of the page?  It would help to see a screenshot of your Master page in unpublished form to help identify the issue.  Here is what mine looks like.

muse-sample.jpg

Thank you,

Ed Sullivan

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 21, 2013 5:58 PM   in reply to Ed Sullivan

I am having the same problem as shpmoon with the page showing in the middle in the preview.  Here's the screen shoot of my master:

Master.PNG

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 22, 2013 6:57 AM   in reply to Klloyd3225

Hello Klloyd3225,

If you (or shpmoon) would like to send me you .muse file directly, I can take a look and try to see what's going on.  I did notice your header/footer sliders seem off, but even when I matched the settings that I saw in your screenshot, I could not reproduce the page showing in the middle when in preview mode.

esulliva at adobe dot com.

Thank you,

Ed Sullivan

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 22, 2013 12:26 PM   in reply to Ed Sullivan

The file I am using is the tutorial files that was downloaded for the 'widget' lesson.  Not sure about 'schmoon' but I did not change any of the margins.  I tested the downloaded file without doing anything to it and the preview shows as stated in the orginal question.  Check the download file frpm the lesson and see if you get the same results in preview.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 22, 2013 1:51 PM   in reply to Klloyd3225

I am not able to reproduce using the widgets.muse file provided as part of the tutorial, but oddly enough a co-worker was able to reproduce, so I am not sure what is going on here.  We're looking into this though and will post a follow-up as soon as we get some detail.

Sorry for the troubles and hope to report back soon.

Thank you,

Ed Sullivan

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 22, 2013 9:15 PM   in reply to Ed Sullivan

Thanks Ed for your timely follow-up.  Trust a solution is found soon and will wait to complete tutorial.  Hopefully my confusion reagrding heaer, footer and page margins will be cleared.

Ken

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 23, 2013 10:17 AM   in reply to Klloyd3225

Hello Ken (and shpmoon as this should help you as well),

I believe this has been identified as a bug.  The bug causes the behavior you are seeing because there is no content in the page body yet.  I was told that if you continue on with the tutorial, once you get to the point where you have content in a page, this will fix itself and your preview should look fine.

I had my co-worked who was able to reproduce what you were seeing test this theory by plugging in some dummy content (a quick image) and previewing the page again, and that did clear up the issue for him.

Hopefully the same will be true for you.  Please let me know if this does not fix the issue.

Appreciate your patience...thank you.

Ed

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 23, 2013 1:54 PM   in reply to Ed Sullivan

Ed:

Thanks angain for a timely response.  You guys are top notch.  I tried the work around and it worked. 

Please note the tutorial directs the participant to preview the page as the last instruction in the "Widget" section without any content on the page. Some type of disclaimer/warning or a note of the work around may be helpful for future viewers until the bug is fixed, preventing any confusion and disconsternation while learning the amazing Muse program.

One Happy Adobe CC Subscriber!

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 23, 2013 2:52 PM   in reply to Klloyd3225

So pleased to hear that!

Good call re: the note -- I was definitely planning on highlighting this thread in some manner on the forum so others coming with the same issue would see it, but heading them off on the actual tutorial page is an even better idea...I think I'll do both. 

Thanks!

Ed

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points