• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Remove "AIR." prefix with captive runtime enabled

May 18, 2012 May 18, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Everyone,

I have been working hard on trying to remove the air prefix from my app/package id (i.e.  air.my.package.name) with the captive runtime featured included in my app at the same time. I have been able to go through all stages except for the creation of a resource.arsc to package inside my.apk .

I receive a huge list of errors when using the aapt utility through the terminal to create the .arsc file. They are all say "No resource identifier found for attribute 'property_name' in package 'android'"

/Users/CodeMata/Desktop/apkConvert/area/res/layout/ssl_certificate_warning.xml:20: error: No resource identifier found for attribute 'layout_height' in package 'android'

/Users/CodeMata/Desktop/apkConvert/area/res/layout/ssl_certificate_warning.xml:20: error: No resource identifier found for attribute 'text' in package 'android'

/Users/CodeMata/Desktop/apkConvert/area/res/layout/ssl_certificate_warning.xml:20: error: No resource identifier found for attribute 'layout_below' in package 'android'

If you have come across this problem or know of a solution... I'm all ears.

-CodeMata

TOPICS
Development

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 19, 2013 Jun 19, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm interested in removing the prefix as well. I spent 2 months developing an Air version of my app, and now I can't upgrade my userbase because I can't create a package with the same name as before.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 24, 2013 Jul 24, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am having the same exact issue!

I developed an app for Android a while ago using just the basic native Android SDK, so of course there is no ".air" prefix. But since then I've started using the AIR platform and have completely redeveloped my app using AIR/Flash Builder 4.7 and there is no clear way to remove the ".air" prefix.

I can not update my app until Adobe addresses this issue. It is no longer nessisary to have the "air." prefix due to the captive runtime.

I found an awful long solution involving basically dismantalling the .apk file and repackaging it. But the workflow of this is an absolute mess to have to go through for every single update. In the iphone debug exporter there is a field to modify the package name that is visible in Flash Builder 4.7. Why can't that just be part of the Android release build export process that way I can easily remove the "air." prefix.

Adobe is making it really hard to switch over to using the AIR platform from developing with the native Android SDK.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines