• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere keeps exporting to My Documents...make it stop!

Community Beginner ,
Jun 05, 2011 Jun 05, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How in the world can I change this? Every time I try to export my videos, they always get exported to My Documents. How can I change the directory of the exported file? Can I even change the directory in which the file is exported?

I really think you guys need to add an export to directory option. Stop forcing me to export to My Documents.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

People's Champ , May 27, 2013 May 27, 2013

And guess what?

I cannot locate where to set the path either.

Click here:

ClickHere.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You  can export to any path on any drive you wish to.

Change your export path and name your export file exactly how you choose.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That doesn't tell me anything.

How do I change the export path? Where is the setting for that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Jun 06, 2011 Jun 06, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In AME, click on the file name of the file you are about to export.  That will present you with "save as..." options.

[Insults removed.]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 27, 2013 May 27, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I realize this is an old Thread but I AM very computer literate,  having been in IT for 33 years and during that time have worked for the two largest Defense Contracts on the face of this planet.

And guess what?

The attack on him for his simple question is egregious at best and wholly uncalled for. It does not take a Rocket Scientist to understand that there will be a wealth of people whose skill level is all over the map.

Were I him I would have jumped to a competitors product, printed this Thread and sent it USPS Restricted Delivery Mail to every Board Member and remind them that no corporation is immune from demise and that includes Adobe. The consumer is not an expendable commodity but that would appear to be the prevalent attitude with respect to those who chose to belittle rather than provide pointed assistance. Such an attitude is all too reminiscent of the once staples of American Heavy Industry. To wit, General Motors, Chrysler, Getty Oil, Kodak, et al. What do they have in common? Bankruptcy.

As Sam Walton pointed out so eloquently: "The only person who can fire everyone from the CEO to the Janitor is the customer. He need only shop somewhere else".

Jon-M-Spear: go ahead, ask me how computer literate I am. Indeed, I will be happy to go toe-to-toe with you on Unix, Linux, Windows, AIX, you name him. Hell, let's go back to OS2 if that's the best you can do.

I am patently disgusted. I am out of here as well and I will send those letters. At ~$10.02 each it is not inespensive, but clearly someone at Corporate needs to montior these responses. And that would be those who understand how damaging Red Ink can be. You may not grasp that but I assure you in no uncertain terms that the CFO will.

Now they're down two customers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,
May 27, 2013 May 27, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And guess what?

Click here:

ClickHere.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jul 23, 2013 Jul 23, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

joe bloe premiere, thank you for the clear and direct solution.

The amount of narcissicm, hostility, smugness and vitriol in this thread is absolutely uncalled for. I am a professional software developer, and I could not figure out this part of the GUI in Premiere. That does not make mecomputer illiterate. It just means that I have not invested enough hours into this user interface to be familiar with all of its ins and outs.

The fact that you have to click on the orange file name is NOT intuitive. It is NOT obvious. It does NOT follow basic HCI principles. It should not have been simply labeled output name, and it should have been a button to bring up explorer, like any other Windows GUI application.

shooternz and Jon-M-Spear, why are you even posting on these forums if all you do is ridicule and harass others? It was not clear AT ALL from what you said in your first few posts what to click on, or even do for that matter. Hundreds of thousands of people look to forums like these from searches. Have some decency. Grow up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

shooternz and Jon-M-Spear, why are you even posting on these forums if all you do is ridicule and harass others? It was not clear AT ALL from what you said in your first few posts what to click on, or even do for that matter. Hundreds of thousands of people look to forums like these from searches. Have some decency. Grow up.

Re read my Post 3 and 12 smart guy.

Where is there any ridicule or harassment in that?

Many posts are designed as a direction instead of a "tutorial".  Often directed toward the user manual.

The fact that you have to click on the orange file name is NOT intuitive. It is NOT obvious. It does NOT follow basic HCI principles. It should not have been simply labeled output name, and it should have been a button to bring up explorer, like any other Windows GUI application.

You might have even found that I agreed with you. (post 12)

shooternz and Jon-M-Spear, why are you even posting on these forums if all you do is ridicule and harass others?

Is that "all we do"?   

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 26, 2013 Aug 26, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had to create an ID just to post here. Like a couple others here I am a programmer of about 25 years, and I'm the CEO of a software company. I worked for years as a team lead with teams of programmers working under me for several large Fortune-100 companies. In all the years I've been in IT, I too could not figure out how to change the path. And in all the forums for programming help I've been, I have never seen such a simple question gather so many insults.

The only people who should be lambasted here are those who are pretending to offer help under the snarky veil of superior intelligence with insults and harassment. Asking somebody "Are you not not very computer literate?" is not only not helpful at all, but it's insulting, rude, and childish. And speaking of lack of literacy, asking "not not" is a double-negative.

When Jon-M-Spear started with the name-calling, then he continued with "Selecting where you save your files is one of the most basic of all computer principals." I just shook my head in pity and went to the next post. This of course led me to miss the answer.

Saving files as a basic “computer principal.” First, it's not a principal, it's a principle. But I digress; literacy isn't everybody's strong suit. Saving files on a computer is not the problem he was having. The problem he was having was finding the command button or link to switch the path. He had already indicated that he has no problems saving files. So, along with your literacy issues, add reading and basic comprehension.

I read this thread over and over and over and I didn't get how to open a folder until the third time because:

1. Adobe seems to have built an island unto themselves with non-standard GUI interfaces.

2. Their command says "output filename" in a microscopic font, and nothing about path, which is a bug.

3. When somebody writes insulting language, I just stop reading the post, and therefore I skipped the answer.

[Personal attack removed.]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 27, 2013 Aug 27, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When somebody writes insulting language, I just stop reading the post, and therefore I skipped the answer.

The insults have been removed with the answer left intact.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Asus5000,

Patently well put, thank you.

I've been in IT for longer than dirt is old and at one time or another everyone, and I mean everyone, has sat down in front of a computer and after powering it up has said "Now what?". Gates, Wozniak, Jobs. No one was born with this knowledge  within their DNA. Indeed, I wasn't. I was minding my own business one day doing QA/QC on Process E6/C41/EP2 and suddenly found myself staring into the attached. (A D148SR Film Recorder driven by a DEC PDP-11/24, Kennedy 9000 Mag Tape Unit, dual 8" FDD. State of the Art at the time, LOL). To say I had zero knowledge of computers at that time is an understatement of proportions I cannot begin to express. That was 31 years ago.

[Character comment removed.]

God save me from the person will all the answers.

Thanks again.

Dicomed D148SR copy.jpg

Lyman

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah yes, you mentioned the PDP-11. I remember it well, when a 10 Mb hard drive cost $20,000 and was the size of a washing machine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

...That was 31 years ago.

Ah, so you ARE a newbie.

My first computer was an IBM 360/30 and we programmed on graph paper and punched it on to Hollerith cards (80 column punch cards). The ink kept running out on the keypunch machines so I learned to read the holes in the card almost as fast as I could read words on a page. I remember when I saw my first terminal to talk directly to a computer and thought that the ultimate in computing had taken place!

http://www-03.ibm.com/ibm/history/exhibits/mainframe/images/2423PH360M30.jpg

ibmCard.png

artofzootography.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All too young...

My first programming was like this:

IBM402plugboard.Shrigley.wireside.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yikes Stan!!!

That is old all right.

artofzootography.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 28, 2013 Aug 28, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Steven Gotz wrote:

...  punched it on to Hollerith cards (80 column punch cards). The ink kept running out on the keypunch machines ...

ibmCard.png

Thanks for the memories, Steven ! I too fondly remember the days with punch cards ... in addition to the faded ink problem, we'd be in a room with several punch card machines all going and the racket was like standing next to a machine gun ! How I wish OSHA was around at the time.

I was using Fortran IV in graduate school at the time. The computer (IBM 1100) was housed in the "inner sanctum" that only the privileged few had access to. We place our punched card thru a window, come back a few hours later to learn the results and often the printout would contain only a single word - ERROR. Nothing else. Remedy sometimes was as simple as a misplaced period or comma, but more often hours of painstakingly revising the program. Using a PDP-11 came later.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LOL,

Yes, I remember that window. When I saw the FORTRAN programmers printing out their programs by running their deck through a card reader and wrapping the paper around the cards with a rubberband, I knew FORTRAN was for me. Remember how many boxes of cards the COBOL programmers had to use?

artofzootography.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The computer facility was in the Engineering Department so most of the computing was in support of scientific work and the language at the time, as you know, was Fortran. There was little COBOL work at this facility, as I recall, COBOL (COmmon Business-Oriented Language) being for business use.

I still have McCracken's "bible": "A Guide to Fortran IV Programming." I see Amazon.com list this as being available; the cover is different, however.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

NIce first post garywulf23.  Congratutlations.  You'll go far.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just throwing in my experience with Media Encoder back in CS4... see stuff, click it. Basically how I learned the interface.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 19, 2014 Sep 19, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi gang, in case anyone still follows this thread, I have the question of how to specify export destination path when the output name option is absent?Screen Shot 2014-09-19 at 3.10.04 PM.png

I am exporting several files in the project bin, and the export settings dialogue does not offer a destination option, i.e. output name option is absent. I can change the path individually on each file in the export queue, however there are far too many files I am exporting to change them each individually.

Thanks for any insights...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Once the multiple exports are in AME's Queue, if you want them all saved to the same path, select all of them and click the output path for one of them. That opens a dialog for specifying just the export path.

If you want to set both the path and the export name, then you'll have to click Output Path for each of them one-by-one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Absolutely brilliant, thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Shooternz's reply gave you the simple answer. [Insult removed.]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It would probably be a good idea for you to go through the basic learning materials for using Premiere Pro. I recommend starting here to learn Premiere Pro:

"Getting started with Premiere Pro (CS4, CS5, CS5.5)"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines