• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Jquery menus for DW CC

Participant ,
Jun 24, 2013 Jun 24, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So Spry is gone in DW CC. Spry of course made deploying menus very quick and easy. Does anyone have any suggestions for an equivalent tool for menus using Jquery?

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 25, 2013 Jun 25, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi madwebllc,

There is one free Widget available on Adobe Exchange "Advanced CSS Menu Light" using jQuery. You can give it  a try.

You can access it through DW CC.

1. Window menu < Extensions < Adobe Exchange.

2.  Click on Fee tab in the Exchange Panel.

3. Click "Advanced CSS Menu Light" and follow on screen instructions to install it.

The ZXP installer is downloaded to the user's documents folder.

Thanks

Bhawna

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jun 26, 2013 Jun 26, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I managed to get the tool you suggested installed, after a number of errors referencing the path was not recognized, and the publisher could not be verified. But when I attempt to use the extension, it was unresponsive when I went to Insert > Ajatix > Advanced CSS Drop Down Menu Light. 

Perhaps it is not compatible with CC?

Any ideas of what may be going on? Or perhaps another extension?

And a question that hopefully Adobe staff can answer. DW CC has many great widgets under Jqueryui, why was a menu option left off?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 26, 2013 Jun 26, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I had exactly the same problem installing and then the Ajatix menu option appears active in Dreamweaver but it is nonresponsive. I am using Dreamweaver CC version 13.0 Build 6390 and use Window 7. I am hoping for a soluton.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jun 28, 2013 Jun 28, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I hate to be that guy posting updates to my thread asking why I have't heard anything. I just can't help but be very curious, why of all options under jqueryui to not be added, why is the menu widget left off?

Please.. anyone from Adobe staff. I can't be the only one wondering this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

Thank you for  your feedback. Will ask around and get back with an answer. With the weekend, the wait might be a little longer.

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sounds good and thank you, I look forward to hearing from the staff later on

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 17, 2013 Jul 17, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I haven't seen the staff get back on this and the final post here has an automatic download. Is there an extention from adobe extention manager that gives the jquery drop down menu? Why this has been eliminated, I don't know.

Preran???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 29, 2015 May 29, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! On the first lines of this post, I reab about the the Advanced CSS Menu Light extension. I tried to install it but it dont works!… No need to leave this extension installed. Can u tell me how can i desinstall it now? Thanks for ur help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Deactivate it with your Extension Manager.

Nancy O.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had never heard before.about this option! Thks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 02, 2013 Jul 02, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been working with Alex at Ajatix. He was great and worked with me until the problem was solved. Here is the link.

1. www.ajatix.com/downloads/com.ajatix.AdvancedCSSMenuLight_2.1.5.zxp
    1. Download
    2. Close Dreamweaver, if open
    3. Open Adobe Extension Manager CC
    4. Select File, Install Extension
    5. Browse for the downloaded .ZXP
    6. Follow prompts
    7. Launch Dreamweaver

Scott S-)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 07, 2015 May 07, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This link worked great for me! Thanks for posting

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jul 24, 2013 Jul 24, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"There is one free Widget available on Adobe Exchange "Advanced CSS Menu Light" using jQuery."

Advanced CSS Drop Down Menu Light is a CSS menu. It does not use jQuery, Spry or any other JavaScript framework. It does not use JavaScript at all. In fact this makes it compatible with any framework there is. It can be used alongside any version of jQuery, ExtJS, MooTools, etc. You can even disable JavaScript in your browser and the menu will work.

Modern menus are not about JavaScript, they are about CSS. Some of them may use small portions of JavaScript for added functionality (progressive enhancement), but JavaScript is no longer a key technology in that area

P.S. They are also about semantics.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks!!! I love it, and am finding it very easy to customize - I have to add drop menus to an old site (http://www.artandsoul108.com/) and with chrome webmaster tools I am loving it. webmaster tools are giving me the exact place to edit the css.

I did try and merge this with my global css and it broke, but I am sure that is an easy fix when I am not under time pressures.

Again THANK YOU.

I'll check it on the iphone when it is loaded. Presently, I am building it...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm afraid that if you want to joint the mobile-device/responsive

bandwagon, then you are going to have to use JavaScript unless you want

a very simple menu or one with drop-downs that do not work well (or at

all) in touch devices.

--

Al Sparber - PVII

http://www.projectseven.com

The Finest Dreamweaver Menus | Galleries | Widgets

Since 1998

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

for now, until the staff answers, I am using my old DW - which I have been for my stylesheet as well since I find editing it much easier there

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lois,

Apologies for not getting back earlier. I am following up with the product team today.

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 21, 2013 Jul 21, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Preran,

I was using the spry menubar widget in Dw CS6 and found it brilliant, I upgraded to Dw CC lately (Took a dive in at the deep end) so it seems. I am as confused as many other users that there was not a JQuery UI widget available to step in to the shoes and out perform its old predecessor. At the moment in this respect Dw CC is in reverse gear it seems to me. I am lucky because I can open the old sites in Dw CS6 and insert spry that way but that’s not the point. I can’t get my head around the omission of such brilliant functionality. I really do hope that there is a jQuery UI menu bar widget in the making and available soon. A CC membership is not cheap.

What do others think?

Imelda Martin.       

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jul 21, 2013 Jul 21, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I manged to get the add in from Ajatix working, but its limited with functions unless you pay for them. And I am thinking most would agree with me when I say using something native to Adobe DW far beats any most widgets.  Plus as Imelda say pefectly, Adobe CC membership is not cheap, so having this fucntion removed makes no sense.

We are almost a month beyond when we were told the answer would be provided. I hope we can get an update very soon.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 22, 2013 Jul 22, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Preran, We are all waiting on this, any response on a fix yet? This is a huge omission.

Thank you, jkibbe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 22, 2013 Jul 22, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi jkibbe,

I understand. I rechecked with the product team today. They have asked me to wait. Will update as soon as I have an answer.

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 23, 2013 Jul 23, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We all look forward to it! Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I too, am curious, and would like to know the reason behind, why Adobe choose NOT to include the jQuery UI Menu Widget when they inculded 8 of the 11 existing widgets.

Dennis

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

honestly, after trying this for the intro price for the first year, I am finding only the upgrades to photoshop worth anything. I am sticking with my old dreamweaver. When the year is up, and it is time to renew, I am likely to purchase photoshop and drop creative cloud all together if it remains this unimpressive. I do think  I made a big mistake siging on with it

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines