Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Nik Collection does not work with Photoshop CC 64-bit but with 32-bit

Community Beginner ,
Jun 19, 2013 Jun 19, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

though the Nik-Collection-Filters are listed (and installed) in PS CC 64, they do not work properly. The first visible difference is, that the "panel" of the various filters is not displayed when I start PS, but it is in the 32 bit version.

Even if I want to apply an Nik-Filter on an image nothing changes, but it does in 32 bit mode.

Is there a solution for this problem?

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Jun 20, 2013 Jun 20, 2013

Now I solved the problem. Not via re-installing but by copying the "Google" Folder from Photoshop CS6 64 Plugin-Ins bit to Photoshop CC 64 bit Plug-Ins.

I do not know, why the plugin was not working after I've installed it.

(Im using Windows 8, 64 bit).

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please contact Nik/Google for updates to their plugins.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same problem, and came across this posting from Nik/Google:

https://support.google.com/nikcollection/answer/3212033?hl=en

It seems to work in Photoshop CC (64-bit) after following those steps.  It's a bit tedious, but you only need to do it once thankfully.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 20, 2013 Jun 20, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well I followed this posting from Google, and I can see the plugin within the list of the filters but when I try to apply them, they do not work

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which platform are you using?  I'm on Windows 8, so if you're on Mac there may be something different.  Also, be sure you pointed the Nik installer(s) at the Plug-ins folder...I accidentally pointed directly at the Adobe Photoshop CC (64 Bit) folder directly the first time, and it didn't work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Now I solved the problem. Not via re-installing but by copying the "Google" Folder from Photoshop CS6 64 Plugin-Ins bit to Photoshop CC 64 bit Plug-Ins.

I do not know, why the plugin was not working after I've installed it.

(Im using Windows 8, 64 bit).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jul 25, 2013 Jul 25, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep, that's the  fix ssd274. Thankyou

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 29, 2013 Jul 29, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't have a Photoshop CC 64bit folder, only the Photoshop CS6 64 bit folder, and the Nik Software is in that OK.

However when I try to use SilverEfex pro 2 on an image Photoshop CS6 64bit just hangs.

Any ideas please?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 24, 2013 Sep 24, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I found a Post. I tried this and it works perfectly, you don't have to re-install CC or install CS6   all you have to do is that you install the Nik Collection in Photoshop CC (32bit) (plug ins)   then you copy the "Google" File and that is the important one !!

into:

Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CS6 (64 Bit)\Plug-ins\Panels\ ...........

it works perfectly. 

Thanks to Mr. Peter Beckett from NIKONIANS.org

http://www.nikonians.org/forums/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=319&topic_id=11486&mode=full

regards from AUSTRIA

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 18, 2014 Mar 18, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This issue drove me to distraction until today when I inadvertently found a solution. In my case, the Nik filters work in PS CC 64-bit only if the Photoshop layer is a smart object. If not, the filter opens, but any adjustments do not "stick" after hitting OK. I have no idea why this works; I'll leave that to the engineers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 14, 2014 May 14, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dragging the plug ins from CS6 to CC worked for me too! Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 22, 2017 Jul 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Windows 10/Photoshop 2017 users:

Convert your layer to a smart layer and plug-in effects will work!

30 dislikes to Google for buying the plug-in sets and not upgrading them anymore!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines