Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Create custom AMS AMI for Amazon Web Services

Jul 04, 2013 Jul 04, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using AMS 5.0.1 on AWS. I would like to create my own customized AMI - I would like to configure the 'stock' AMI to my liking and then create a new AMI from that customized server.

I've tried some methods that I found to try to create a new AMI but I'm running into problems. It seems that I can't create a new paid AMI from and existing one.

This is the error:

Machine image ami-XXXXXXXX and kernel image aki-XXXXXXXX have incompatible product codes.

I tried to inject the product code using;

ec2-modify-image-attribute ami-XXXXXXXX --product-code XXXXXXXX

but got this error:
Client.AuthFailure: Not authorized for image:ami-XXXXXXX

This is a critical issue for me, I need to be able to automatically create AMS instances within AWS. If anyone can point me in the right direction I would really appreciate it.

Another option would be to persuade Adobe to create some slightly modified AMI's for public use?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Participant , Jul 25, 2013 Jul 25, 2013

I think the main issue here is the billing one. In order for Adobe to properly bill for AMS usage on Amazon Web Services, it needs to control which machine images have AMS. Unfortunately for you, I doubt Adobe will tweak their images specifically for your purposes.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Participant ,
Jul 25, 2013 Jul 25, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think the main issue here is the billing one. In order for Adobe to properly bill for AMS usage on Amazon Web Services, it needs to control which machine images have AMS. Unfortunately for you, I doubt Adobe will tweak their images specifically for your purposes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Jul 25, 2013 Jul 25, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the comment. It turns out that you can't just apply product codes unless you are a registered developer, among other things. And I think you are right that Adobe probably won't do anything special for me. This approach is definitely not possible at this time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines