• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Captivate 7 hotspot "hand cursor" icon not appearing

Explorer ,
Jul 23, 2013 Jul 23, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have created a hotspot question slide, with an photo (3/4 of the slide), along with two "overlay" un-filled shapes on top of the photo --- let's call these "outlined polygons", --- inside these shapes are the hotpots, one of which is "correct" if chosen, indicated by a Blue Circle Blinker.swf flashing animation.

Since the shape of a hotspot cannot be rotated or changed from a 4-corner box, I am forced to fit the box (hit area) inside the the outlined polygon. Because the hotspot has no stroke or fill (it cannot be seen), I selected the checkbox "Show hand cursor over hit area" which should change the cursor to a hand when hovering over the hotspot. I also selected "Allow clicks only on hotspots" -  hoping the hand cursor would create the visual cue as to which areas are clickable versus those areas not clickable.

My attempts are set to 1, and my failure level "none". Success and Failue continue to next slide (and there is a Submit button and a Clear button).

For some reason, the hand cursor icon does not appear, only the "pointer" icon. However, when inside a hotspot, the blue circle animation appears on click (mulitple circles if desired) to indicate a hotspot has been chosen..

I have tried filling the hot spot with a solid color, adding a value to the stroke to create a border, changing the layered order of the the graphics, placing another hotspot in an empty area (not on top of any image or shape --- but in every case, the hand cursor still does not appear, although I am certain this worked in Captivate 6 (which I just upgraded to 7).

Is there some other setting I am missing?

My workaround will untilmately be to label the hotspot areas with numbers or letters and create a multiple choice quiz.question. I like the hotspot idea better if the cursor could change.

Any help is appreciated.

Tom

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Jun 04, 2014 Jun 04, 2014

Captivate 7 update has fixed this "hand cursor" issue. This allows the user to see the visual cue of a changing cursor when navigating over "invisible" hotspot areas that are not filled nor have any line stroke.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,
Jul 26, 2013 Jul 26, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FOLLOW-UP:

I tested the above problem with Captivate 6 and the hand cursor DOES appear. This seems to be a BUG in Captivate 7 and I would like to know how to report this to someone who works at Adobe. I upgraded to gain the features of Captivate 7, specifically fields for Student Name and ID without the internal server box dialogue appearing --- but in the upgrade I seem to have sacrificed the hand cursor option for hotspot questions. I hope there is a "bug fix" rather than my having to purchase another complete upgrade if and when available.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Recent UPDATE:  I just chatted with ADOBE and this is an official bug, for those of you expecting to use hotspot quiz questions. The bug number is 3600224. There is no timetable yet for when or if this will be fixed. At NYU we have already upgraded to aptivate 7 and have been adding questions to our pool so we cannot go back now to 6. Since we need the new internal server reporting feature, we are stuck with Captivate 7 but cannot use all the hotspot questions without the visual cue. The only choice is to make multiple choice questions that refer to labelled hotspots, completely changing the effect. I was NOT expecting the software to get worse with the upgrade, but such is the case.

If you need to use hotspot questions please DO NOT UPGRADE to Captivate 7. Repeat --- DO NOT UPGRADE!. 

I will post an update IF the issue is ever resolved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Possible workaround: create custom hotspot question? I will do that mostly because shapes (used as buttons) can be created in any form, whereas hotspot questions allow only rectangular hotspots.

Lilybiri

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would love to do that but can I add a button to a quiz question slide (stored in a question pool) and have it function like a hotspot as a graded question?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Scoring can be done for custom question slides - several examples on my blog, but having them in a question pool is not possible AFAIK.

Lilybiri

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 04, 2014 Jun 04, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Captivate 7 update has fixed this "hand cursor" issue. This allows the user to see the visual cue of a changing cursor when navigating over "invisible" hotspot areas that are not filled nor have any line stroke.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources