• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

premiere elements 11 does not start

Community Beginner ,
Jul 26, 2013 Jul 26, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've bought a bundle of photoshop + premiere elements. photoshop elements works fine, but

premiere elements does not start after installation without errors.

I already tried test version and registered version ( w and w/o serialnumber)

I tried double klick on the link, on the orig. file, and as admin - nothing happens on the screen 😞

I looked for the service "FLEXnet..." it's "manuell" and started several times "LicenseRecovery109" (w and w/o the 0 at start point) before and after a reboot: nothing happens 😞

I also tried the installation without "windows defender": nothing happens 😞

Using win8-64bit on an intel core i3 with 8GB RAM

Has anybody any ideas????

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Jul 28, 2013 Jul 28, 2013

The solution is absolutly and totally crazy:

My usual login konto was an admin konto. Here I tried to install photoshop elements and premiere elements.

Photoshop elements was working fine - premiere elements could not be started.

So I created a new admin konto and changed my usual login konto to "standard",

installed the program in the new admin konto, set the property "run as administrator",

and now I can start the program from my usual (standard) konto by inserting the admin password.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

attach a screenshot of the error message you see.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Avus53 please see http://forums.adobe.com/docs/DOC-2324 for information on how to post an image.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is nothing to see as I wrote: "nothing happens on the screen"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you wrote, "premiere elements does not start after installation without errors" which means it starts with errors.

but, if that's not true, open the directory with photoshopelements.exe, right click it (not a shortcut) and click "run as administrator".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

O.K. my english isn't perfect. I meant "an installation w/o errors" but I also wrote:

"I tried double klick on the link, on the orig. file, and as admin - nothing happens on the screen :-("

and I also set the property "run as administrator"

additional:

sometimes I can see a process "adobe premiere elements 11" in the task manager for less than 1 sec

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 28, 2013 Jul 28, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The solution is absolutly and totally crazy:

My usual login konto was an admin konto. Here I tried to install photoshop elements and premiere elements.

Photoshop elements was working fine - premiere elements could not be started.

So I created a new admin konto and changed my usual login konto to "standard",

installed the program in the new admin konto, set the property "run as administrator",

and now I can start the program from my usual (standard) konto by inserting the admin password.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 19, 2019 Apr 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ok, I know this is 6 years after the post was made and answered, and i know that at this point Premiere Elements 11 is irrelevant. But. For the strange ones like me here's an easier solution that might work.

I had the exact same problem and it was because my computer had set up the wrong "paths" for the pictures, documents, music, and videos sub-categories which didn't allow premier to start. Here's how i fixed it:

1. Select Start> Run> and then type Regedit. (or windows key + R)
  2. Navigate to the folder: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\User Shell Folders
  3. In the right panel, search for entries that list the incorrect drive.
  4. Modify the incorrect drive to point to %USERPROFILE%\ (this is on windows 10, for other versions i think you might need to make them point to C:\ )

Again, i know this is 6 years late, but this is the first link that pops up in google when you look up this issue so i thought i might share it in case there are other strange people using premiere elements 11 in 2019.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines