• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

3.8 camera / stagevideo not rendering?

New Here ,
May 09, 2013 May 09, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you guys confirm the the Camera (in combination with video object or stagevideo) is working in 3.8?

When exporting my project with 3.7, everything works fine, but in 3.8 the camera is not rendered.

Has is something to do with BaselineExtended?

Thanks.

TOPICS
Air beta

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jul 02, 2013 Jul 02, 2013

3.8.0.820 version is the latest one. You can check your AIR SDK version.

-Nimit

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
May 09, 2013 May 09, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you please share the platform your project is targeted , device with OS version you are using? Also, please share a code snippet here or a sample application(if possible) at nimitja@adobedotcom. This will help us investigating the issue.

Regards,

Nimit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,
May 10, 2013 May 10, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Nimit,

I confirm - Air 3.8.0.370 don't work with camera & stageVideo. Here is the code:

import flash.media.Camera;

import flash.media.StageVideo;

import flash.geom.Rectangle;

var sv : StageVideo = stage.stageVideos[0];

var camera : Camera = Camera.getCamera();

sv.viewPort = new Rectangle(0,0,1024,768);

sv.attachCamera(camera);

Successed was only on Air 3.6.

Air 3.7.0.1820 also don't work.

Publish settings:

Render method: Direct

Tested on iOS iPad4 16gb  6.1.2 without 3G

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 10, 2013 May 10, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have been able to reproduce the issue and investigating it now.

Thanks for reporting.

Nimit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 02, 2013 Jul 02, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any news on this one yet? I have the same issue on Android.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

StageVideo for camera is not supported on Android. Please check attachCamera() method in the following link http://help.adobe.com/en_US/FlashPlatform/reference/actionscript/3/flash/media/StageVideo.html

Also, could you please open a new enhancement request on this over at bugbase.adobe.com?  Once the bug has been added would you mind posting back with the URL so that others affected can add their votes and comments?

Regards,

Nimit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It was/is actually working correct on AIR version 3.7 within Android. I use this one for Starling: https://github.com/fogAndWhisky/StarlingCamera/blob/master/src/starling/extensions/camera/StarlingCa...

Do you have any idea why it is not working any more in 3.8?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems that you are using video not the stageVideo. Could you please check once with latest sdk available at http://labs.adobe.com/downloads/air.html.

Regards,

Nimit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have downloaded the latest about three hours ago. Is there a new version already or is that the latest?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

3.8.0.820 version is the latest one. You can check your AIR SDK version.

-Nimit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, than I have the latest one installed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is fixed now. It was a Starling thing. I've had to add <containsVideo>true</containsVideo> in the android item within the app.xml. See also: http://forums.adobe.com/message/5397372

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 11, 2013 Jul 11, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is still not working in 3.8.0.900.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 22, 2013 Jul 22, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The issue has been fixed, please try the latest build available at http://labs.adobe.com/downloads/air.html.

Regards,

Nimit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jul 23, 2013 Jul 23, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks! I'll try it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Nimit.

Should it also work on Android? Or is it still not supported?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, StageVideo for camera is not supported on Android. I suggest you to open a new enhancement request  on this over at bugbase.adobe.com? Once the bug has been added would you mind posting back with the URL so that others affected can add their votes and comments?

Regards,

Nimit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the tip Nimit. Check the url here :

https://bugbase.adobe.com/index.cfm?event=bug&id=3599562

Please vote fellow-air-developers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 24, 2013 Jul 24, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Nimit,

We are working on a project that uses the camera of the mobile device. But we are forced right now to user AIR 3.4 for the Android version and 3.8 for iOS.

Because in 3.5 and above, the camera doesn't work. It return this values for the width of the camera : 11, and this one for the height : 282458.

Don't know what's changed compared to 3.4, but it's strange that something did work before and now is broken, right? Do you have some time to peek into this? And see what's changed in AIR when connecting to the camera on Android?

Thanks.

PS, the use of stagevideo would be a bonus, but more important is that the camera works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 24, 2013 Jul 24, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you talking about Camera + Video? if yes, then I tried it with the latest AIR SDK 3.8 availabe at http://www.adobe.com/devnet/air/air-sdk-download.html on Samsung Galaxy S3 (v4.1.2) and it's working fine. I have attached a sample project at https://www.dropbox.com/s/a60d0i8k8m0l5qx/VideoCameraExample.zip for your reference. Also, could you share the sample project, device used here so that I will give it a try again if I missed something.

Regards,

Nimit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 25, 2013 Jul 25, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Nimit,

Thanks for your help so far. Regarding camera and 3.8, it works indeed. But it's a bit more complex I just found out. Maybe it's going a bit off topic, but hopefully you give me some more info.

I've made a simple sample project, just like you did. The thing is that I want to use stagevideo and away3d in an iOS app. Not together ofcourse, won't work, but first stagevideo, after that away3d, etc.

But when starting the app I use the line of code to the is stagevideo is available :

stage.addEventListener(StageVideoAvailabilityEvent.STAGE_VIDEO_AVAILABILITY, onStageVideoAvailable);

If you do that, away3d won't render (you just see a black screen). If you comment out that line, away3d just work fine.

The wierd thing is, it's just a listener to check of stagevideo is available. I don't instantiate stagevideo or something. Can you say if something is happening 'under the hood' when using that line of code?

And it's even more wierd, when you attach the camera afterwards to stagevideo, away3d is working again!

You can download the sample project here. Just play with uncommenting / commenting the 2 lines I already have made coments above :

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/3404887/sv.zip

It's not working on iOS, and the desktop it works great. And I'm using iOS 7.0, don't know if that has something to do with it.. ?

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 25, 2013 Jul 25, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I tried with the sample project provided above on iPad3(v7.0 (11A4400f)) , iPad3(6.0) with the latest AIR SDK availabe at http://www.adobe.com/devnet/air/air-sdk-download.html and it's working fine. I tried with both uncommenting stage.addEventListener(StageVideoAvailabilityEvent.STAGE_VIDEO_AVAILAB ILITY, onStageVideoAvailable) and with comment the stage.addEventListener(StageVideoAvailabilityEvent.STAGE_VIDEO_AVAILAB ILITY, onStageVideoAvailable) the line.

Could you please give it a try again with the latest build if not using already. Also, please share the iOS device you are using.

Regards,

Nimit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 26, 2013 Jul 26, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Nimit, I will check again.

I see there is a difference in version number between the 3.8 release and 3.8 beta. Which one should I use? The beta is newer I see?

And coincidentally someone on the starling forum has exact the same problem :

http://forum.starling-framework.org/topic/starling-away3d-android-bug

See the latest post.

Can you confirm when testing my project, you see in both cases the 3D cube spinning?

Thanks so far!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 27, 2013 Jul 27, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Timbowicz,

Please use the AIR SDK available at http://www.adobe.com/devnet/air/air-sdk-download.html and yes, I was able to saw 3D cube spinning.

Regards,

Nimit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 12, 2014 Feb 12, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

I have the same problem that Timbowicz.

My configuration : AIR 3.9 with iOS (iPhone 4S) and Android (Galaxy S3). Doesn't occur on desktop.

Thanks,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines