• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Download older AIR version

Engaged ,
Jul 27, 2013 Jul 27, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I ran one of my AIR apps, I was informed there was an AIR update, so I updated to the latest version (3.8).. and now I wish I hadn't as the update broke my app.

For some reason I can no longer interact with content loaded into an HTML component. The app has been working fine up untill today, before the AIR update.

When running the app in Flex Builder, it still works as expected (using 3.4 SDK). Once installed, it's broken, as it then runs with the installed runtime, which is the updated 3.8.

I've searched adobe.com high and low to try and get my hands on a copy of the 3.7 runtime, but to no avail.. everything points to the new broken 3.8 version.

If any kind soul can point me to a 3.7 download, I'd appreciate it.

To be honest, I'm so sick and tired of everything Adobe at this point, I wonder why I still bother.. but oh well.

TOPICS
Performance issues

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 28, 2013 Jul 28, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

It would be great if you could share your app, so that we could reproduce the issue locally and fix it.

Here is a link to AIR archives - http://helpx.adobe.com/air/kb/archived-air-sdk-version.html. Hope that helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Jul 29, 2013 Jul 29, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can confirm this problem after update to 3.8. In adobe air 3.7 everything is ok but in 3.8 there is something above in loaded page ( on double click it is marked like a div ). you can check this air: http://www.bingofun.com/Download.aspx

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Phew.. an archive lnk. Why is that page so hard to find?

When I searched the Adobe site, everything pointed to the 3.8 download.

My app is available at: https://sites.google.com/site/deezja/tools/twitchviewer

You'll need a Twitch username to load in a list of channels to view, you can use my username: deezjavu

Select any of the online channels to watch and notice that once a channel is loaded it is not interactable, eg: you can't start/stop the video, change the volume, switch to fullscreen.

The only thing that does work is the "follows" button, which is layed on top of the video (meaning it's not part of the loaded content).

As Kalisto mentioned, it feels like something is layed on top of the loaded content which blocks interaction.

I went back to 3.7 and the app works again.

It was already bad enough that Twitch themselves broke the app by implementing HTML5 for their chat functionality, which isn't supported by the WebKit engine that comes with AIR.

And now the video is broke as well with 3.8..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you guys.  If you haven't already done so, I'd also like to recommend opening a new bug report over at bugbase.adobe.com.  I'll give the sample apps a try and report back with my findings.

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Muzak,

I think your issue is same problem with this bug:

https://bugbase.adobe.com/index.cfm?event=bug&id=3603433

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jul 30, 2013 Jul 30, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yup, that describes the bug. Commented and voted..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 05, 2013 Aug 05, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

We're working on a fix and I'm hoping to have a private build available to test very soon.   If this is something you'd be willing to take a look at before we release publically, please contact me directly at ccampbel@adobe.com.

Thanks,

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines