• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to install Photoshop Elements 11

New Here ,
Jul 26, 2013 Jul 26, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, I purchased PSE 11, popped in the disc, entered the serial # and waited. Pop! Up comes an error message.

So I tried it again. And again. Error messages again.

Went to the Adobe site, find the help section and tried Plan B. Tried copying the files to my HD. Pop! Error message again.

Back to "help" and since it appears that I have a bad disc, i need to contact support.
Soooo, off to support I go, only to find out that the people I need to chat with don't work weekends.
Now I wait until Monday, all agents busy says the site.

Tuesday: Yup, still busy.

Friday: Busy.

But hey, I can pay $39 to talk to someone on the phone! Yay! There's nothing like that feeling of being ripped off twice!

Why in the hell should I have to pay someone to fix a problem with a program that I haven't even be able to use?

Message title was edited by: Brett N

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 26, 2013 Jul 26, 2013

Rather than persevering with a bad disc, tying yourself up in knots and increasing your frustration levels exponentially, try downloading the trial version

http://www.adobe.com/go/tryphotoshop_elements

Launch the trial and enter your serial number to license it.

If that doesn't work, let us know the exact wording of the error message, including any error code.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

if you want to download pse 11 and if you follow all 7 steps you can dl a trial here:  : http://prodesigntools.com/photoshop-elements-11-direct-download-links-pse-premiere-pre.html

and activate with your serial.

if you have a problem dl'g, you didn't follow all 7 steps.  the most common error involves failing to meticulously follow steps 1,2 and/or 3 (which adds a cookie to your system enabling you to download the correct version from adobe.com).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rather than persevering with a bad disc, tying yourself up in knots and increasing your frustration levels exponentially, try downloading the trial version

http://www.adobe.com/go/tryphotoshop_elements

Launch the trial and enter your serial number to license it.

If that doesn't work, let us know the exact wording of the error message, including any error code.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 30, 2013 Jul 30, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is the error message you are getting?

Nothing you've described here makes it sound like you have a bad disk. Generally a bad disk will return a read error and you won't even be able to start the installation process.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The disc is definately bad, but I was finally able to download the trial and enter the serial number.

As it turns out, the Adobe download assistant does not work with Firefox, so I ended up using IE to run the download.

Adobe should make note of this issue.

Thanks for everyone's help, I appreciate it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

you're welcome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines