• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Export Panel missing in Bridge CC

Community Beginner ,
Jun 19, 2013 Jun 19, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I used to ahve an Export Panel in Bridge CC which I used to export several RAW or PSD photos to JEPG, with the upgrade to CC it's gone. How am I supposed to export several photos to JPEG? One by one in Photoshop? Really?

TOPICS
How to , Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Participant , Jun 20, 2013 Jun 20, 2013

The way I create JPGs from Bridge is to use “Image Processor.”  Select all of the images in Bridge that you want to export (convert to JPEGs and output).  Then go to the Tools menu and select Photoshop and Image Processor.  Photoshop will open and present you with a dialog box that allows you to save the images in several different formats (JPEGs, PSD, or TIFF or all three at once), JPEG quality, resized or not resized, color profile changed to sRGB or left the way they were, etc.  Just select t

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 104 Replies 104
Jun 19, 2013 Jun 19, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe took it out.  May be added as a separate download later.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
People's Champ ,
Jun 20, 2013 Jun 20, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How am I supposed to export several photos to JPEG? One by one in Photoshop? Really?

To be honest, I never saw the benefit of the export panel in its current state. It had far to less options for me.

Remember that for a simple task as saving as jpeg you always had the option to use the Image Processor. (menu tools / Photoshop / Image Processor)

But it seems you never used a batch command in Photoshop? This can be extremely helpful and very productional, yo can create an action by recording your steps in the action panel and use batch to play the action on a bunch of files selected in Bridge ( menu Tools / Photoshop / Batch).

With the current option to insert a conditional in an action (If-Then-Else) you can create a complicated action in PS for both landscape and portrait and then create a new action that gives you the option to assign both action (if landscape then play 'action landscape' (your action name), else play 'portrait'

It needs a tiny bit of study but it is not that difficult and as said, very productional.

For instance, I have several action for resizing. I also combined these with different sizes and using a conditional action. I select a bunch of files and with the batch command in Bridge (via tools) the selected images are saved in different sizes and stored in different folders (per size).

A few important rules when creating a save action, don't change the filename, not even touch this field, otherwise all files will end up with the same name and overwrite each other, and when you want to keep the original be sure to not save the changes when closing the document.

Try to discover yourself the enormous amount of options you already have with Image Processor and PS Batch using actions.

Recording an action is simple, create a new action and start playing around, most of your movements (not all) in PS will be recorded and when finished the action one push on the button plays it again and again

Before you start experimenting, be sure to first back up your originals so you can play freely with them without the risk of loosing

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for all your replies.

Using Photoshop and batch commands are not going to work for me. In many cases I don't even open the photos in PSCC. I use Bridge to categorize and organize photos or to download them from my camera and then straight export them from RAW to JPEG. So, opening the photos in PSCC adds an additional step .

Adobe detroyed a perfectly great product by taking featues away instead of adding functionality to make things easier. I am exremely disappointed.

Looks like I need to use Camera RAW for now. Let's hope that Adobe doesn't take away the "Save Image" option in there too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The way I create JPGs from Bridge is to use “Image Processor.”  Select all of the images in Bridge that you want to export (convert to JPEGs and output).  Then go to the Tools menu and select Photoshop and Image Processor.  Photoshop will open and present you with a dialog box that allows you to save the images in several different formats (JPEGs, PSD, or TIFF or all three at once), JPEG quality, resized or not resized, color profile changed to sRGB or left the way they were, etc.  Just select the options you want and click OK.  This works great regardless of whether you’ve selected one image or 100s of images in Bridge.  This process does use Photoshop, but you don’t have to do anything in Photoshop except select the options you want in the Image Processor dialog box.

One caveat is that I don’t have PS CC yet and, therefore, can verify that Photoshop/Bridge CC has the Image Processor option.  Would someone with CC please verify this for us?  Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your reply. I tested this in the CC versions of Bridge and Photoshop and it works exactly as you described it. I might use this as workaround for now, still hoping that Adobe comes to senses and re-adds the original export function back. When I use the image processor it opens every picture once in PSCC and closes it right after. This slows down the process, but it does work. Also, it's kind of weird how saving presets for that tool work. it saves them as XML files. So, overall it is a workaround, nowhere near the quality, ease and convenience the old Export Panel had, but nontheless, thank you for your suggestion!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I’m glad I could help you with a workaround.

I don’t want to start a debate on the pros and cons of the Export Panel versus the Image Processor, but I think the Image Processor is a little more flexible and both methods require about the same amount of steps.  One area where the Image Processor seems a little more flexible is the resizing option.  The Export Panel dialog box appears to just allow you to choose a size constraint with a single number, e.g. 1080, which implies you are constrained to a square box that is 1080 on a side.  The Image Processor allows you to choose both numbers, e.g. 1920 x 1080.  My example numbers are some I use a lot for resizing images for display on an HDTV (1920 x 1080) or 1920 x 1080 computer monitor.  Images from a point-and-shoot (4x3 aspect ratio) are resized to 1440 x 1080, and images from a DSLR (3x2 aspect ratio) are resized to 1620 x 1080.  If the Export Panel restricts the resize to a 1080 box, the images are resized to 1080 x 810 and 1080 x 720 which are much smaller images and don’t fill up an HDTV screen or an HD computer monitor.  I apologize if I’m missing something here because I’ve only used the Export Panel a few times.

In addition, the Image Processor allows you to choose an Action to run on every image.  I usually choose among several sharpening actions I have depending upon the size and final use of the images.

It probably just comes down to what you’re used to and that we don’t like to change.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 10, 2017 Jul 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OH man this was driving me nuts!! Good thing I found your answer. I thought the export panel was gone. But now I found it via your way. Whew! Thanks!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 24, 2013 Jun 24, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm testing Bridge CC and am hugely missing the export panel as well.  Editing and sorting seems faster than CS6, but then I went to use Tools> Photoshop> Image Processor and that TOOK FOREVER!  It had to open each RAW photo individually in Photoshop and downsample them.  Sure it was automated, but still... extremely inefficient.  I couldn't add a metadata profile/keywords for the exported JPGs either and there was NO PROGRESS BAR! 

With Bridge CS6, I could pop my camera's storage card into my tablet, generate thumbnails on the fly without copying them off the card... sort through and make adjustments to multiple selections right away, and then export them to low-resolution JPGs.  The advantage to the Export panel in Bridge CS6 was that I could save specific presets of desired resolutions and it also made JPGs from the cached preview images.  That made things MUCH faster.  I could create JPGs with resolutions less than my monitor size extremely efficiently. 

And I could do all of that without the hassle of importing the RAW files to a space-hogging database in Lightroom.  Bridge CS6's interface is so much more user-friendly than Lightroom's as well, especially on a tablet.  Scrollbars on the left side?  Come on, that's really poor design... if I have a stylus in my right hand, I have to reach all the way to the left of the screen and cover the stuff I need to see while scrolling.  Bridge & ACR have tabs that are much easier to flip between with one click to access all the settings.

To top it off, Bridge CC only supports high pixel density screens on Mac OS X... it still hasn't brought this support to Windows 8.  I don't really miss the web gallery export since that was broken the whole time... it put the images in a "bin" subfolder who's access is blocked on most web servers which mean all of the images quickly became inaccessible when copying that exported web gallery to a web server.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 03, 2013 Jul 03, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As a test last week, after a fashion shoot, I processed the 300-400 photos using Bridge CS6 the normal way... browse straight to the camera's memory card plugged into my Surface Pro.. flip through each picture in full screen preview using the attached or on-screen keyboard (if I'm on the subway) to rank each RAW photo (or rank with multi-selections in thumbnail view)... add keywords/labels... select the high ranking ones in thumbnail view, open all in ACR, apply global adjustments and lens profile corrections...  then drop them into the export panel and upload low-resolution samples to the client.  It took about a half hour. (Bridge CS6's low-res JPG exports take mere seconds to complete.)

Then I tried to do that in Lightroom 5.  Lightroom requires "importing" all photos into a SECOND storage location and adding them to a database before you can even start to work with them.  This process took longer than the time it took me to actually finish the job in Bridge CS6. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>>>>>

Then I tried to do that in Lightroom 5.  Lightroom requires "importing" all photos into a SECOND storage location and adding them to a database before you can even start to work with them.  This process took longer than the time it took me to actually finish the job in Bridge CS6.

>>>>>>>>

The superiority of the Bridge/Photoshop work-flow over Lightroom summed-up in a nutshell!

I have never understood why anyone who has Photoshop would want to waste time in Lightroom.

And I have never understood why Adobe puts so many resources into a $180 (Upgrade $80) program like Lr at the expense of Bridge which is the vital glue that makes investing in the whole Suite or the Cloud so worthwhile.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Disclaimer: I have never used LighRoom.  But I see more support for LR as it is "built for Photographers", and Bridge is just a file browser.  Right or wrong that seems to be the mentality.  Here is a link that pretty well continues this argument.  http://www.tipsquirrel.com/lightroom-vs-adobe-bridge-2/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As it was previously stated: For users who already use Lightroom instead of (or in addition to) Photoshop the Lightroom workaround may be a solution, but in my case I just have to agree with the previous posts. It's garbage. It's too much work, it takes too long.

As I stated before. I work in the software business and when we release a new version of our software we ADD finctionality, not take it away. I am also not sure who was beta testing the software. I cannot imagine that nobody has mentioned this during this beta phase. When I started Bridge CC for the very first time after the upgrade i immediately saw the missing panel.

Also, I don't know why Adobe took it away. Was it such a big piece of software that was impossible to upgrade? Would it have slowed down the installation or the general functionality of Bridge? Hard to imagine.

I am using a 3rd party app for now, still hoping Adobe listens to its customers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Steffen1601 wrote:

…still hoping Adobe listens to its customers.

Adobe has been regarding its customers and former customers as adversaries at least for the past ten, maybe eleven years.  Evidently that is their current business model.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's garbage. It's too much work, it takes too long.

I would suggest to stop this pissing-contest about Bridge vs Lightroom. So many users, so many workflows. There are a vast number of photographers very happy with LR and we should respect that. Personally my preferred workflow is Bridge and PS and I almost don't use LR as I also can't get very used to Apple's Aperture. But I have both also installed on my system and when needed I use it because each of them has also some strong points.

Everyone is entitled to his/hers opinion in the same way as everyone is entitled to have a perfect workflow with the chosen application for his/hers own profession.

As I stated before. I work in the software business and when we release a new version of our software we ADD finctionality, not take it away.

I can only fully agree with that

I am also not sure who was beta testing the software.

As I always understood Adobe beta testers are under NDA so we probably never will know that...

I cannot imagine that nobody has mentioned this during this beta phase.

So can't I, but now you are stating that large companies (read: the bean counting department, not the developing department) start to listen to their clients and before you know we are living in Utopia

Also, I don't know why Adobe took it away. Was it such a big piece of software that was impossible to upgrade?

Let's face it, the export panel never has been what it could or should be. It was crippled and difficult to use, many problems with Facebook and Flickr uploads that was only possible in a few countries.

But I agree, instead of take it away they should have developed it to perfection (now I'm also on route to Utopia)

Meanwhile you can use the Image Processor and even batch processing via the tools menu that offers much and much more options to customize. This means PS to be active but that should not be a big problem I would think?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

From various users comments you either hate LR or love it.  Many feel like you it is just a piece of garbage.  But don't expect Adobe to take the initiative on this issue.  They do not respond to a few disgruntled users.  It takes a concentrated effort by a lot users to get a problem corrected.

I was not a beta tester on this version, but my experiences with being a beta tester in past versions left me with this impression:  By the time the version is out for beta testing they do not want to make any additions to the program suggested by the beta testers.  They are just interested in fixing bugs that show up.  And as I understand it from this crop of beta testers demands were make changes, but they were ignored.

Windows 8 was probably a perfect example of the software engineers telling the public what they want vs what the testers said.

On a positive note it is rumored that the Export Pannel will be coming out as an add on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 12, 2016 Jul 12, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, it looks like I'm very late to the party, but if you guys are still fighting with Image Processor, I have a different and faster way to export photos, and resize them, sharpen them, even change the color space if you like.  And yes, you can save a preset to save time when exporting. 

Maybe you guys have already found another solution, but if not, I can post the directions here.  Just don't want to be posting something on such an old thread that might be irrelevant. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Jul 16, 2016 Jul 16, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Until they put the feature back in Bridge, this thread is always relevant. Post the workaround (as long as it doesn't involve Photoshop)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Squirrel piece is an excellent example of brilliant (and very cleverly targeted!) PR to a target niche group ("Photographers") to persuade them to invest in Adobe software at a very inexpensive price!

There are some very powerful voices behind the development and selling of Lr and the Squirrel piece epitomises the way in which they have operated.

Lightroom was designed from the ground up to be a single program solution for photographer workflow. Built around a database (Lightroom’s catalog files), users can quickly organize, process & output files.

"A single program solution"  is actually sheer BS: Lightroom is basically merely a rather sophisticated RAW-Converter and provides only a preliminary stage in image -editing! Bridge/ACR provides exactly the same tools and features but in a far more efficient and effective format than Lr's

There is NO reason to use Lr if:

1. You already have Photosop or are prepared to invest in a Cloud Subscription;

2. You are prepared to invest in the time and effort needed to learn how to use it!

I have always contended that Lr is a total waste of money and time for anyone who is included in the above two categories — and I have tested every version of Lr since the first beta version of Lr 1.0.

I know the program well enough to be able to teach it (and have frequently done so!) and I always finish the class by advising the participants (always Photographers!) to  buy and learn to use Photoshop instead if they really want to get the best out of  their photographs!

I speak as a practising Professional Photographer with more than half a century of experience in this field!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Dec 28, 2014 Dec 28, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom CC has editing tools that PS just does not have.

However Moving files and folders around then importing is a nightmare.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 28, 2015 Jun 28, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop has removed "Photoshop" from the Tools menu in bridge CC with the latest update.  Help in need it for production.  Now there's a "Collections" at the bottom of the Tools menu in Bridge.  What is that?  Tried selecting 2 files in a folder and it seemed to process all the files in the folder multiple times.  It's taking forever to cancel out.  Please help.  Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jun 29, 2015 Jun 29, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi John, I know it was your message which started this thread, but it may be that you would be better starting a new thread with this latest issue, which seems a bit tangential to your original post. I'm sorry I can't be of any direct help, I've long since given up using Bridge.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 30, 2015 Jun 30, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

John,

I have been hoping to no avail that Adobe would add an export function to Bridge CC since they removed it.  I use CS6 once I am finished with a photo in CC 2015.  Photoshop CC 2015 has added a new function for exporting:   File/export is where you will find it and it works reasonably well.  Unfortunately it is not what we need, which is a function like cs6 bridge in which you can select multiple files and batch process all of them at once. Until we can be heard by Adobe we are out of luck.  John

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 09, 2017 Mar 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can go reimport the older version, CS6 or whatever version you were previously using

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 01, 2017 Nov 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They took it out???

Seriously? I used this every day for mass processing of images... basically my reason for using Bridge has just disappeared!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines