• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

audio streaming (upload) question

New Here ,
Aug 01, 2013 Aug 01, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm new to AMS. I have the Starter version at the moment. I have three basic questions:

(1) The only thing I need at the moment is audio capture from a mic. What technology is invoved in this? RTMP, HTTP streaming, RTMFP... there are too many of terms.

(2) If I want to allow for a maximum of 100 simultaneous audio capture sessions, what version of AMS would I need?

(3) I'm trying to configure an external install of Apache (on linux) to work with AMS, but is struggling without good documentation. Does Adobe have something for me to look at. A sample httpd.conf for CentOS would be wonderful.

Thank you.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Aug 01, 2013 Aug 01, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

1. You can use any depending upon the method you’d use. RTMP – is a unicast way of delivering your content meaning that every audio stream that goes to the server needs to be duplicated on the server side for each receiving client. RTMP is enabled by Flash Player. HTTP – same as RTMP delivery-wise but also enables non-Flash enabled devices (e.g. iOS) to view your content. RTMFP – is a multicast way of delivering your content meaning that every audio stream is managed between interested peers without a server having to duplicate every stream.

2. Standard version will suffice although if you go RTMFP route you’d need the Professional one.

3. https://knowfms.wordpress.com/2011/09/29/how-to-set-up-your-external-apache-for-hds-and-hls/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 13, 2013 Aug 13, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your advice. I purchased AMS Standard. However, I quickly discovered that the server-side code I had written for audio capture doesn't work any more. The documentation says to use VOD and LIVE code supplied by Adobe, but I can't quite figure out how. Could anyone point me in the right direction? Thank you very much.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Aug 14, 2013 Aug 14, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In your original post you never mentioned you'd use SSAS (Server-Side ActionScript). The only 3 signed apps are live, livepkgr, and vod which you'd go a bout either customizing or duplicating. What exactly are you trying to achieve with your server-side code?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 14, 2013 Aug 14, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Basic audio recording/capture as part of a foreign language practice system. We want to record audio (voice) from a mic, stream it to the server, and save it there as a .flv file with a specific file name, all under client program control (AS3). (This file will be sent to another server later, but we'll use PHP or something for that.) I hope this can be done using either the basic functionalities of AMS Standard or AMS Standard + the Adobe-supplied apps.

Here's our current server-side code. Trace statements are for testing only, of course. Hopefully, none of this is necessary since AMS Standard doesn't allow server-side scripting.

application.onConnect = function(client) {

client.serverHelloMsg = function(str) {

return "Hello, " + str + "!";

}

client.serverByeMsg = function(str) {

return "Goodbye, " + str + "!";

}

trace(application.server+", "+application.name+" connected.");

application.acceptConnection(client);

}

application.onDisconnect = function(client) {

trace(application.name+" disconnected.");

//appStats();

application.disconnect(client);

}

application.onStatus = function(info) {

trace("code: " + info.code + " level: " + info.level);

trace(info.code + " details: " + info.details);

}

application.onPublish = function(client, stream) {

trace("published "+stream.name+" from "+client.uri);

s = Stream.get(stream.name);

if (s) {

trace("stream name: "+s.name);

trace("stream received: "+s.receiveAudio);

trace("stream length: " + Stream.length(s.name));

}

}

application.onUnpublish = function(client, stream) {

trace("unpublished");

}

function appStats(){

var stats = application.getStats();

for(var prop in stats){

trace("stats." + prop + " = " + stats[prop]);

}

}

function clientStats(client){

var stats = client.getStats(); 

for(var prop in stats) { 

trace("stats." + prop + " = " + stats[prop]);

}

}

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines