• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

File saving with Frame 10

Community Beginner ,
Aug 14, 2013 Aug 14, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can not save a file to the same location that I got it from. I get error messages saying: can't open the .lck file and 2. that I don't have permission and yet I can save other file formats perfectly well. I can save the FM files to a different location, for example my desktop.

I installed some Windows updates earlier on. I'm using WinXP SP3.

I'd like to know if there is a known reason for this?

Graham

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You shouldn't be trying to open the .lck file - you should be opening the regular file and getting a message that someone is still working on it and if you know that no-one is, then you can override the warning. Your problem may also be that the file itself has gotten set to view-only within FM - you can reset it. Check the Help file or the forums for view-only - there are instructions out there for doing it (I just can't remember off the top of my head).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Jeff. I'm not trying to open the .lck file but the message I get when I try to save says that the .lck file cannot be opened. I was working on the files in this book yesterday with no problems whatsoever so I'm puzzled to say the least.

I will try looking for the reset to view only.

I have noticed in Explorer that no .lck files are created when I open the main files as usually happens.

Regards,

Graham

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check your permissions to the folder – those might have changed. Also verify that you’ve still got the setting turned on in the FM Prefs screen for creating the .lck files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yup, lck setting was on. I can save files to the same location under other names. But then I can't do 'Save As' again to overwrite the original file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Found it:

<esc> F l k

That's <esc> shfit+F (uppercase "F") l (lowercase "L") k (lowercase "K")

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 16, 2013 Aug 16, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Jeff,

I found that too but when I click it asks me to make files/ book view-only so they are already fully accessible. I don't know, it must be something on my PC that's preventing folder access but I can't find it. I moved everything to another location and reconstructed the book and TOC/ LOF/ Index and the files save properly to this new location.

Thanks for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 16, 2013 Aug 16, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Jeff,

Have restored my PC to a point before the latest Windows updates and the file saving is working normally again. It was only happening to the local C: and D:drives on my workstation.

Regards,

Graham

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines