Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Will my PC purchases work for Mac?

New Here ,
Aug 15, 2013 Aug 15, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

Bought CS5, then CS6 upgrade for PC. Registered the products with Adobe and it has my serial numbers on file.

I switched to Mac two weeks ago. Is it possible to use these serial numbers to activate my CS6 for Mac? Or am I out $700? Thanks.

Tried using the help FAQ but there was no "download previous version" after I clicked "more information" on the site.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 28, 2013 Aug 28, 2013

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Taylor, windows serial numbers will not work on MAC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Would you say the best option is to use bootcamp to install Windows and run it there? Seems about $600 cheaper...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can try that but there may be some issues with Activation as we don't recommend to use Adobe Apps on virtualized environment

Please see this : http://helpx.adobe.com/creative-suite/kb/technical-support-boundaries-virtualized-or.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 16, 2013 Aug 16, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi taylorhill1,

For CS6 we have an option for platform swap. What this mean is if you purchased a Windows upgrade but no longer want to use the software on Windows then you can contact Adobe support and request for platform swap in which you will be given a Mac serial key which allows you to install the software on Mac. However please keep in mind that you will no longer be able to use the same software on Windows anymore.

If you wish to use the software on both the platform then in this scenario you will have to purchase an additional license for Mac.

Regards,

Romit Sinha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 28, 2013 Aug 28, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wonderful! Would you kindly email me a download link to taylorehill at ay oh ell dot com (@aol.com) and a new key? Or walk me through the process? I am ready for my PC photoshop to be killed and to download the latest version for Mac. Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 28, 2013 Aug 28, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines