• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to add music as background, or add music player to your site.

Community Beginner ,
Apr 17, 2012 Apr 17, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Greetings,

Thank you for making Muse available.  I'm enjoying putting my own design together. The tutorials have been very useful.

I have a question about adding a MPEG file as background music when the home page first opens.  I haven't seen anything in the tutorials or help forum.  Can this be done within Muse?

smiles,

Kyle Cline

Message was edited by: Corey@Adobe (edited title)

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Deleted User
Apr 18, 2012 Apr 18, 2012

At this time, here are some solutions for you:

If you want to incorporate rich media (digital audio and video) in your Muse sites, follow these steps:

1. Create an account and upload your media files to a third-party hosting provider (such as YouTube).
  2. Obtain the embed code for the media file you've uploaded.
  3. Open the desired page in Muse and choose Object > Insert HTML... to paste the code into the HTML window that appears.

Here's a list of media host providers that offer MP3 and video players you

Votes

Translate

Translate
Apr 18, 2012 Apr 18, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

At this time, here are some solutions for you:

If you want to incorporate rich media (digital audio and video) in your Muse sites, follow these steps:

1. Create an account and upload your media files to a third-party hosting provider (such as YouTube).
  2. Obtain the embed code for the media file you've uploaded.
  3. Open the desired page in Muse and choose Object > Insert HTML... to paste the code into the HTML window that appears.

Here's a list of media host providers that offer MP3 and video players you can embed:

YouTube
SoundCloud
jPlayer
Wimpy Player

Try using one of the providers listed above to get started. If you already have an account with a different media host provider, their service may work as well. To test it, try copying and pasting the embed source code for your media into the HTML window in a page in Muse.

If you only want to host audio, but you'd like to use YouTube's hosting service, you can use the ingenious workaround provided by Frank from our Muse Beta Archive forum:

1. Prepare the video file. Use a video editing program to combine your audio file with a generic static image, such as album art or company logo, for the visual content.
  2. Log into your YouTube account and upload the video file.
  3. Copy the embed code generated by YouTube.
  4. Open the desired page in Muse. Choose Object > Insert HTML. Paste the embed code of the YouTube video into the HTML window and change the height of the player to 25 pixels.
  5. Save the Muse site and publish the page.

This strategy of resetting the player's height eliminates the video portion and just displays the player controls. If a visitor clicks the full screen mode button, the static image of the logo or album artwork will appear.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 20, 2012 Apr 20, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not getting Soundcloud to work.  Have you are anyone else had any success with making it work? If so, then how exactly?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 04, 2012 May 04, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm sorry but I cannot get this to work.....

It comes in as a thin bar BUT the play will not work - all other functions on the strip work - BUT will not play.

I've brought it in and left the height as normal and works fine. BUT will not play when height reduced.

I have tried importing both options of HTML from youtube but to no avail.

Cheers - tosh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 04, 2012 May 04, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When inserting html from Youtube using 'FRANK's method

I've just realised that it's the top 25px that are showing NOT the bottom - That's why not geting the controls.

Any ideas?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 22, 2012 Nov 22, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Soundcloud is working for me. The only problem I am having is that, even when setting the audio up as embedded HTML to the Master (all pages within the site using that same Master), when clicking on a link to open a new page, it kills the audio and reloads everything including the audio. Any suggestions for working around this so that the embedded html for audio is a constant or in a parent? Also, knowing this would help so as to prevent the redundancy of constantly reloading background image, etc.

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 20, 2013 Jun 20, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does anyone know of a way to get the media file to autoplay? I suppose there may be some jquery for this. Or if there's a way to fade the music out as the viewer scrolls down?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 20, 2012 Apr 20, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks! I found out that CD Baby (my distributor) make store widget for embedding on websites. So now I have all my album for listening - and for sale - on my new website made with Muse!

http://www.hjortur.dk/hjortur/music.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 17, 2013 Aug 17, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do not understand why the team of MUSE cannot find an answer about this music problem ! I agree that all these musics solutions you rpesented (Utube, soundcloud and so on) are not the best !

I paid a lot my adobe programs for 12 months without a real help and without some concrete answers to my all technical problems... i am really disapointed !!! ;((

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 29, 2014 Sep 29, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i am searching the web for the same issue for hours:
html code embedded - music starts - everything fine - but if you navigate to another site the music starts again - and again - and again...
that should be an easy thing for people who know how to program that.
helloooo adobeee - we need your help!
best: in form of an appropiate audio widget
please!!!

kindest regards

mr.s

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 30, 2014 Sep 30, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You may add this as a feature request here : Ideas for features in Adobe Muse

Meantime you may want to refer to this widget : Audio Player | Adobe Muse Widget | museGrid.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 30, 2014 Sep 30, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you anshul for the quick response.

i bought the musegrid player widget and it works fine!

but as i mentioned: the music starts over when you navigate through the website.

luckily my client agreed to put the music just on the first page.

so i have that problem solved.

but still: a widget or menu option directly in muse to handle music properly would be very helpful to a whole bunch of muse users.

serioulsy: that should not be a hard thing to do for a coder...

kindst regards

mr.s

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 12, 2014 Nov 12, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

We appreciate your ideas and suggestions as they help in improving the product and its features for better experience. Hence would suggest you to please add this as an feature request / idea here :  Ideas for features in Adobe Muse.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines