• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't install adobe flash player on macbook pro

New Here ,
Apr 16, 2013 Apr 16, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can't install adobe flash player on macbook pro. Installation file automatically runs through Matlab as a default program. What to do?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , May 27, 2013 May 27, 2013

I really don't know what "MatLab" is, or the ".mdlp" suffix, or why it is appended.

What is the file size of the downloaded install_flash_player_11_osx.dmg.mdlp file?  It should be 18,005,202 bytes.

If that matches, I would try to simply rename the file (removing the ".mdlp" suffix), then try to run it.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 16, 2013 Apr 16, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is the full name of the file you are trying to run?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 19, 2013 May 19, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also in a similar situation. I have a Macbook Pro and it downloads but still does not want to play flash even though its the latest. I also updated my mac just incase but still does not seem to work. I am i doing something wrong?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 16, 2013 Aug 16, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 22, 2013 May 22, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry for such a late reply. Here is the file name:

install_flash_player_osx.dmg.mdlp

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 22, 2013 May 22, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know what that mdlp suffix is.  Can you try this installer: http://fpdownload.macromedia.com/get/flashplayer/current/licensing/mac/install_flash_player_11_osx.d...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 24, 2013 May 24, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ok guys i installed the version of flash downloaded fine but still can not play anything. i take it i must be doing somwthing wrong. most of the time i figure the problems out myself but being so unfamilar with apple macbook it has me stumped.... all programs where closed as well when installed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 26, 2013 May 26, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Once I started to download this file it had that weird suffix: mdlp: install_flash_player_11_osx.dmg.mdlp

I don't know what to do. I'm still using MatLab and don't really want to uninstall it just so that I can upgrade the flash player.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 27, 2013 May 27, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I really don't know what "MatLab" is, or the ".mdlp" suffix, or why it is appended.

What is the file size of the downloaded install_flash_player_11_osx.dmg.mdlp file?  It should be 18,005,202 bytes.

If that matches, I would try to simply rename the file (removing the ".mdlp" suffix), then try to run it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 28, 2013 May 28, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks a lot, Pat! That was the solution for my problem!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 18, 2013 Aug 18, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have this version installed on my MacBook Pro.  3.3.7.0 (3.3.7.0) I am using Lion OS X 10.8.4.

I have followed the instructions from the Adobe site, The installation process completes. I click "FInish"

I get taken to the Adobe website, http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/completion/aih/?exitcode=0&type=install where I am told the installation is complete.

I restart the computere just in case, go to YOuTube and blam. You need the latest version of Flash Player error shows up again to complete my frustrating loop.

Under Applications on my Hard Drive, I have: AdobeFlashPlayerInstaller_11_ltrosxd_aaa_aih.dmg

When I look at my downloads folder, I find Wccb63Gg.dmg.part

I don't know what to do. I don't seem to have the same file name as others on this site for the download. and I can't find it anywhere.

Thanks to anyone who can help.

Ahulani

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 18, 2013 Aug 18, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Trash the DMG and DMG.part from your Applictions and downloads folders.

See:How to perform a "clean install" of Flash Player in Mac OS X

Follow those instructions to the letter... they work 99.999% of the time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 22, 2013 Aug 22, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did follow these instructions to the letter for the "clean install". (Had to do it several times as I think my slow connection interrupeted things.) I thought I had it, but it seems I don't or at least not completely. Adobe says I am running it but I am still having trouble. Update. Today, Adobe shows I am not running it!!!!

Now I can view some video on YouTube, for example, but on other ites (and within YouTube, I get an error message that says:

Flash version 9,0 or greater is required

You have no flash plugin installed

Download latest version from here

and the whole loop begins again.

I need to watch these videos for a course and am still stumped.

I am so grateful for the help so far. Is there anything else you might suggest?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 22, 2013 Aug 22, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Is this with Safari or Firefox?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines