• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash plugin keeps crashing in Firefox, can't fix it in any way.

New Here ,
Aug 19, 2013 Aug 19, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I already tried all the troubleshooting and solutions I could find using Google, but it keeps crashing anyway. It happens randomly after a while, when I open a page with flash content after some time of using the browser, the flash player has crashed message appears. If I reload the page the flash content will not appear and the page will be stuck in some sort of reloading loop.

Please help me fix this issue.

I already tried reinstalling flash, reinstalling FF, updating drivers, disabling HW acceleration, etc, none solved the problem. Downgrading to an obsolete insecure version of Flash isn't a solution.

I also asked on Firefox support forum and tried to reinstall flash by deleting every related folder manually before, using firefox in safe mode and reinstalling graphics drivers, it always crashes and it drives me crazy.

Here's a link to my thread on Mozilla support forum: http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic.php?p=13027139#p13027139

Please help me fix this annoying issue.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had this all the time on my old Win7 machine with YouTube. I uninstalled BOTH the Flash Player Plugin(s) AND the Shockwave plugin using the Control Panel. Then I downloaded and installed the Shockwave FULL installer and

Flash Player installers for IE and Firefox  Flash Player for ActiveX (Internet Explorer Flash Player Plug-in (All other browsers) in that order. After that I didn't see the crashes anymore.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Didn't help at all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines