• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Allow users to access multiple, linked files with one-click?

New Here ,
Aug 19, 2013 Aug 19, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In our Help application, we have a list of documents a user may want to download. They are all PDF files. Currently, we have the hyperlink properties set for each one to open in a new window, where the user can then print or save to a local computer. This works fine; however, I find it clunky user-experience when a user needs to download multiiple files. I understand that RH is not designed as a document repository, but does anyone know if there is a hidden gem in RH10 that allows you to create multiple file download options? I would like a check box in front of each file, which would allow a user to select multiple files to open/download.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 24, 2013 Aug 24, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Possible? Yes. Easy? No.

In the case you describe, you need a server side scripts that zips up all required PDF documents that you can then download at once. There is no way to do this in WebHelp only.

Greet,

Willam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 26, 2013 Aug 26, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

William -

Thanks for the reply. I did not think RH has this capability, but wanted to verify.

I am thinking about adding "download" to each href, so users can immediately save the file to their local computer instead of opening the PDF in a new window and then saving it.

Amy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp