• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Compatibility of TCS with Microsoft SQL Server 2012?

Community Beginner ,
Aug 22, 2013 Aug 22, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are using TCS 4.0 on a Windows 7 system. We create WebHelp and deliver it to clients on a Microsoft SQL Server 2008 platform.

We have a client that is asking that we deliver our software and WebHelp on a Microsoft SQL Server 2012 platform.

We typically deliver WebHelp centrally--hundreds of users will access the same set of WebHelp files from a centrally-located server.

SQL Server 2008 or 2012 doesn't matter to WebHelp, correct?

I looked for a platform compatibility discussion on Adobe.com and couldn't find one.  Sorry if I missed it.

Thanks!

Tim

TOPICS
Technical Communication Suite

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, the SQL part of it has nothing to do with WebHelp – that’s just a bunch of HTML and JavaScript - it’s the server version you need to care about.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Jeff.  We couldn't imagine any problems, but we wanted to make sure.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Webhelp should not get affected by SQL server, are you adding any custom code to link your Help file to the database?

If your concern is regarding the hosting part, you should check with the web server and resources on your Server machine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 23, 2013 Aug 23, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for the response Anjaneai.

We will be providing online help for hundreds of users all across a whole state, sometimes in two time zones.  The online help is invoked when the user presses "Help," or when the user presses F1 (for context-senstive help).

Either way, the help file opens from a single server. I do not know what the software developers do in the code to call the online help from the server, but I am guessing that it is indeed a "custom code link" of some kind. However, because the code link functioned properly in SQL Server 2008, I don't foresee any problems in SQL Server 2012.

Tim

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines