• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Warping Text in Post Script

New Here ,
Aug 24, 2013 Aug 24, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am writing some Text in PS file. Since the length of Text is Long it overlaps the other text beside it.

Is it possible to Wrap the Text in PS. Say for example How this text will be wrapped

/F100{/I 7.2 d I/Arial F}b F100 (Plan    BB-HOME-COMBO-ULD-800-MONTHLY BI MONTHLY-1500 SIX ANNUAL PLAN-8000) 500 10 w

Regards

Harsh

TOPICS
Programming

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's not impossible to wrap text in PostScript, but it's generally not the right way to do it. Text layout and positioning calculations should be completed before writing the PostScript.

If you are determined to do it in PostScript you can use the stringwidth operator to get the lengths of strings and decide whether they fit, then decide where to split (on spaces or punctuation is usually expected). A lot of coding.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

... and an awful lot of overhead when the RIP interprets the PostScript!

- Dov

- Dov Isaacs, former Adobe Principal Scientist (April 30, 1990 - May 30, 2021)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines