• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Place .hlp file on a cloud drive

New Here ,
Aug 27, 2013 Aug 27, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How can I place a .hlp file on a cloud drive and be able to download to another PC and be able to open it?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 28, 2013 Aug 28, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Whilst I appreciate RoboHelp for Word can produce a .HLP file, I'm puzzled as to why you are asking this question in a RoboHelp forum. Your question seems to be a simple one about how do you upload a file to and download from a cloud drive. That will be down to how the store you use works. A .HLP file is just another file as far as that is concerned.

Is there something more to your question?

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am wondering if anyone using RoboHelp for Word has successfully uploaded a .hlp file to a cloud drive, such a SkyDrive or Dropbox? I am asking on the RoboHelp forum because I would think someone has tried to do this and may have found a way to successfully upload a .hlp file and also be able to download it and have it still be able to open. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Is this question more rhetorical? Or are you saying that you are having problems making it work?

If it's rhetorical and just pondering whether it will work, I might suggest you actually try it and see. After all, what's the worst that would happen?

If you HAVE tried it and are having issues, it will be infinitely helpful to you when asking here to state what the exact issues are that you are seeing.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are just trying to see if it works you'd need to upload more than just the HLP file to the cloud. At the very least you'd also need the .CNT file. If my memory serves me right (it has been years since I used RH for Word) there is a report you can run to list all files that need to be installed to make the help file run effectively. All of these would need adding to the cloud and downloaded by the user.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Colum, it depends on exactly what is in the HLP and whether it is a 16 or a 32 bit HLP.

I still have MANY HLP files that never ever had or needed a CNT.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

OK I understand why you have asked here but I'm seeing .HLP as being a very dated format and cloud drives as being new. With that in mind I'm not sure many people would be uploading .HLP files using new methods.

As Rick has suggested, give it a go. There's nothing to lose.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp