• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Trim blocked on Video 1

New Here ,
Aug 31, 2013 Aug 31, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When trying to trim clips I keep getting the the notice that "trim blocked on video 1" I get I must have enabled some kind of feature, but no search shows me what, or how to disable it. Help?? This is premiere pro CC.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Aug 31, 2013 Aug 31, 2013

Your audio  or video clip (or both) is "blocked" by another clip for the action you are trying to do.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your audio  or video clip (or both) is "blocked" by another clip for the action you are trying to do.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI Shooternz,

Thanks for the quick reply. It helps me to refine my question

How does one "Block" and "unblock" a clip then?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 01, 2013 Sep 01, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Either unlinck the clip or toggel the sync button or lock the track.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 19, 2014 Jun 19, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm still having trouble with this. I do a lot of editing where I string together sound bites. I may have a 10-minute sequence, but in the middle of the timeline I want to add 3 frames to the head of a clip, lengthening the entire sequence by 3 frames. I go into Trim mode, selct the incoming clip, press the -1 key, and get the error message "Trim blocked on video 1." I have locked and unlocked the track and toggled the Sync Lock and still the same result. What is the best way for me to do that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 19, 2014 Jun 19, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HAH!! I figured it out! I have to select the Ripple Edit Tool BEFORE I go into the Trim mode.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 04, 2014 Dec 04, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i have the same problem, even if i select the ripple edit tool, trying to trim in the timeline

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Dec 31, 2014 Dec 31, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You win the prize, welcome to Premiere Pro, which, although Photoshop wins the counter intuitive prize hands down, is still mind numbingly more complex than it should be.

I equate learning Photoshop to memorizing 500 six digit strings of random numbers, then having to associate them with individual faces from a race other than yours.  In dim light.  In the rain.  Under a deadline.  Two years after you met them.  Once. 

The only way they can keep it running is to get their customers to help each other.  For free. You can get massive gold stars if you do it a lot.  It's quite the business model.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 31, 2014 Dec 31, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Most people seem to get it fine.How simple do you need these powerful applications to be?

The only way they can keep it running is to get their customers to help each other. For free. You can get massive gold stars if you do it a lot.  It's quite the business model.

Adobe invest plenty in producing Video Tutorials , online advice and there is even a User manual in pdf format.

Would you like some help with something from a satisfied user?   No Charge.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 23, 2022 Nov 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I guess there's more money to be made with video tutorials rather than a human friendly UX/UI

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jan 26, 2024 Jan 26, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@shooternz, you gave a very unclear and short answer, as if making sure the person asking wouldn't understand your answer (what actually happened), but immediately rushed to express a detailed opinion when someone started criticizing the absolutely unusable settings of the program

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jan 26, 2024 Jan 26, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Coudn't be said any bettter, @BartonGarrett256!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
May 14, 2015 May 14, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A belated thanks VicHaz! I was running into the same problem and couldn't figure it out. I knew the trim function had worked for me many times in the past, but never made the connection that I have to select the trim mode in the proper order. The difference in operations is so subtle as to be extremely non-intuitive.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 19, 2015 Jul 19, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey there, really I can't figure out how you fix that problem, but I have my own solution, make separate sequances for either video or audio, put them together( for example make a copy of sequance, delete all video information in it, and put that seequance in main sequance) and problem is solved))

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 06, 2016 Aug 06, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem. It might be that I don't understand how the Roll Edit tool works or that Premiere contains a bug. Or both.

When I drag the cut point, if I use the Alt key (Option key on Mac), sometimes it works for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 03, 2016 Oct 03, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Luke,

You just need to go to edit subclip and "restrict trims to subclip"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 25, 2017 Apr 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Had the same issue.

The right answear is:

Go to:

Edit - Preferences - Trim (last bottom menu) and

UNCHECK the box that says " Allow Selection tool to choose  Roll and Ripple trims...".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 30, 2018 Jan 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That didn't work for my student and I. Seems to be a bug (I'll be reporting to the Adobe bug/feature page). Our resolution was to unsync the audio/video tracks, lock the track we wanted to save, and then do the trim to the track we wanted. Worked fine on Windows and Mac.

Adobe Community Expert / Adobe Certified Instructor

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 13, 2019 May 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Post a screenshot of the timeline.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 24, 2021 Dec 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All that I did was highlight both the audio and video and linked them together and then it allowed me to use the Ripple Edit tool. I'm on a Windows PC. I couldn't figure it out either but then I just linked the 2 together and VIOLA! 

Hope this helps

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 23, 2022 Nov 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had to lock all my other tracks. Otherwise Premiere would not allow me to use the ripple tool:
I found this out by accident.

Screenshot 2022-11-23 100913.jpgScreenshot 2022-11-23 100845.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines