• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

The bone tool no longer in flash pro cc?

Community Beginner ,
Jun 19, 2013 Jun 19, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The bone tool no longer in flash pro cc?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jun 16, 2015 Jun 16, 2015

Hi All,

Bone tool is back to Flash CC 2015.

Flash Professional Help | New features summary

-Devendra Kumar

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Deco and Bone tools are dropped in Flash Pro CC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 16, 2015 Aug 16, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

hey

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can add DragonBones to Flash pro allthough it´s not the same and not all that useful for animators, for video and movies. For game animations and other small or scripted animations it´s a nice tool. http://dragonbones.github.io/getting_started_en.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

dragonbones don't show up in Pro CC after downloaded and installed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dragonbones is an extension for Flash and can be installed from: http://dragonbones.github.io/getting_started_en.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i downloaded and installed the dragonbones and it doesn't show up in the windows/extension panel.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Few things to check:

1) Did you restart flash after the extension was installed. The extension loads only after flash is relaunched.

2) If you still dont see the extension -

If on Windows, do check the c:\users\<username>\AppData\Local\Adobe\Flash CC\ folder.

You should see only one locale folder here. if you see 2 folders then copy the contents of the folder that contains the Dragon bones swf to the other folder(which may be named like en_US). This can happen if the locale of Flash install and locale of extension install are different. Restart Flash.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i just searched my whole computer after trying your way there is no dragon bones swf file on my computer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 20, 2013 Jun 20, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You should have following files under <AppData>local\Adobe\Flash CC\<locale e.g en_US>\Configuration\WindowSWF folder

SkeletonAnimationDesignpanel\Skeleton.jsfl

SkeletonAnimationDesignPanel.swf

Else can you search for these files and copy it under the above mentioned lcoation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also note:

Adobe Extension Manager is not installed along with Flash Pro CC installation.

When you open Flash and click on Help->Manage Extensions, if Extension Manager is not present the installation of this will be triggered via the creative cloud app automatically. Once this is installed you can install the required extensions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok i got it now but it's not letting me use the tool on my drawings it says im missing a skeleton item how do i get that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The dragon bones site has pretty good documentation on how to use the extension. Can you please go through this once.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 21, 2013 Jun 21, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So what i got from their instructions is basically animate the dragon and export and merge it with your animation?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 26, 2013 Jul 26, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why did Adobe drop Bones

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 03, 2013 Sep 03, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe plans to release a more streamlined animation workshop than flash. Flash has not been updated (it's codebase) much since it's release, and it's too resource-heavy on the client machine.

Also, there has been major pressure from Apple (a long-time ally of Adobe) to drop flash, as they do not support it in their mobile i-devices (not including laptops).

Long story short, Flash is likely to be deprecated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think this was one of the more ignorant comments so far.

It would be nice if someone from Adobe could bother to comment on this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As to whether Flash will be dropped or not - I do not think so: merely its role has changed/ Adobe did drop the ball in regards to the animation market, however. I think the loss of the bones tool is in line with this change in direction.

Perhaps the devs will bring back similar functionality in a future version of Flash, but I doubt it. The animation market is quite specialized, and products like Toonboom and Anime Studio have filled the gap.

For those who miss the bone tool, I suggest to invest in a tool like Anime Studio (the non-pro version is very inexpensive), which has an excellent bone-based IK system with full contraints (and is far more controllable and powerful than the old bones system in Flash ever was). My workflow consists of animating characters in AS, then import into Flash if required.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 04, 2013 Sep 04, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are in the process of bringing back some of the features including motion editor, IK/Bone tool etc. with improved work flows along with a host of new features in the near future. With the transition to the creative cloud, we are planning to have multiple updates to the product throughout the year and you will see these features in an upcoming release.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Brilliant. Looking forward to it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Finally! Some communication! That is great news.

It´s just a mystery how bad Adobe has become about communicating positive news about Flash and how much that hurts us who use it and love it still.

Thanks Ajay!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, count me surprised. Let's just hope then the tools will be improved with real editable motion curves.

On the other hand, I've heard this song before now from Adobe, and I will believe it when I see it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 09, 2013 Sep 09, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great. Looking forward to it too. Can you, please, specify the date of this upcoming release? A month, at least.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 20, 2014 Sep 20, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

September 2014. Where's the bone tool?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 24, 2015 Mar 24, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

March 2015. Still waiting.

Actually I take that back. Not waiting. Switching to new software. Sorry, Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines