• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

InDesign CC performance ...

New Here ,
Jun 19, 2013 Jun 19, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!  I have upgraded on Mac and Windows machines, which went well, no crashes, etc, but experiencing a few weird things.  On both platforms basic performance is quite laggy.  Just dragging a simple text box about the screen is chopppy like the old days!  Also, I used to complain about InDesign's black text selection colour (ie, not system highlight colour), but it was always at least instantaneous.  Now, there's a delay effect just selecting text, words and paragraphs both on Windows and Mac (and the selection colour on Windows is a bizarre dark teal blue).  Are any others experiencing this?  Thanks -- Jon.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apparently a few: http://forums.adobe.com/message/5425266#5425266

Are you using a US English version?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I had read that thread yesterday, but didn't realize it carried on for a while after that!  I guess those are the problems I'm having, so I'll see what develops.  At least CS6 still works well.  I am using the US English version.  Thanks -- Jon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One nice thing about CC is that you are only into it for one month of rent so far. If it does not meet your expectations and is not working correctly (bugs) then just cancel it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jun 20, 2013 Jun 20, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Was DYP wrote:

One nice thing about CC is that you are only into it for one month of rent so far. If it does not meet your expectations and is not working correctly (bugs) then just cancel it.

How in the world is that a feature? I also confirmed it this afternoon on my workstation at work (MacPro 2007 Intel Xeon on OS 10.6.8). So far both Photoshop and InDesign CC are running slower than CS6. The ability to cancel is not an option because once you start migrating files to CC, rolling back to CS6 or early is wasting everyone's time. Fix it Adobe!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Never said it was a feature.

But why are you continuing to rent something that is defective and wasting your time migrating files to it.

In the past with perpetual licenses we sunk a lot of money into buggy Adobe software and were far more stuck with it. Now if Adobe does not get there act together stop your rental payment for defective software not delivered as promised.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Was DYP wrote:

Never said it was a feature.

But why are you continuing to rent something that is defective and wasting your time migrating files to it.

In the past with perpetual licenses we sunk a lot of money into buggy Adobe software and were far more stuck with it. Now if Adobe does not get there act together stop your rental payment for defective software not delivered as promised.

Your logic fails. Adobe has changed their model, CC is here to stay, the solution is to fix it now and move forward. Talking about it and getting their attention is necessary. If you like to stuck your head in the sand and pretend CC isn't here and the problem will go away because you want to stay with CS5 or CS6 for as long as you can...by all means do it your way.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is the logic in willfully continuing to rent defective software. Yes the model has changed and your willingness to continue paying for it as it is, just might mean there is no reason for Adobe to fix it. Is this the new model, we will see.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 21, 2013 Jun 21, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm sure Adobe will fix this.  At least hardware is now at the level where we're surprised and annoyed with performance hits!  Especially with basic actions like selecting text.  Hope they fix it quick -- Jon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 28, 2013 Nov 28, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am experiencing terrible lag when selecting text in indesign CC on an imac with 8GB RAM, it is painfully slow. I have tried shutting down every other programme but still slow. Does anyone have a fix?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Nov 28, 2013 Nov 28, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not yet.

The best fix is to go back to CS6.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 03, 2013 Dec 03, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Had the same issue. A co-worker of mine suggested that I disabled the thumbnails in my page view. It worked.

Try it out by going to > Panel options > deselecting the "Show thumbnail" 😉

I hope it works for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 12, 2014 Jan 12, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

+1 on this. Not by THAT much, but CC is quite noticably slower than CS6 on my machine (macpro mid 2010, 16 GB, 512 SSD plus 3 x 4 TB HDD).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hang in there. It won’t be long and the reports from the users here that have joined the prerelease have been very positive.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Many thanks Bob, much appreciated!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 13, 2014 Jan 13, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Bob, my biggest issue is text 'selection'. In CS6 say you are correcting a document with multiple text boxes, and are moving around objects with the Selection tool, by double clicking on text inside a text box the text tool would select automatically and highlight the word/line/para etc depending on the number of clicks you gave it. Since 'CC' this feature is missing (or not working correctly). Give it a try. Drag out a text box, populate it with some placeholder text, you can even select the text tool.. then double click inside the box on a word. Nothig selects. You have to move to a different word before the double (or more multiple clicks) will select the word(s) VERY annoying when you have large numbers of text corrections to do day to day. It's a glitch, as once you have moved the cursor and got a selection to happen, all is well until you use a different tool. Hope this makes sense. That's my gripe over for the day.. Kind regards, Scott.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 15, 2014 Jan 15, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

An update for InDesign CC (9.2) is now live and is available via the creative cloud installer. This update resolves several performance problems. In addition, the update includes epub enhancements, Typekit Desktop Font Integration and Hyperlink simplification. Please give it a try

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 16, 2014 Mar 16, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a Macpro 2012 - 12 core - 28gb ram - OSX 10.9.2 running InDesign CC (9.2) and frankly the performance is woeful, laggy, unresponsive, slow. Text selection is a particular bug bare. It's like designing on a mac classic.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 15, 2014 May 15, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Define The Light I'm experiencing the same issue regarding the Text Select and have just found out that if Google Chrome is open at the same time, I cannot double click to select. Once Chrome is shut down, voila, it works! A surprisingly similar bug to this much, much earlier one involving Chrome and the Zoom tool: Space Bar Hand Move & CMD-Space Zoom Not Working—CS5

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 15, 2014 May 15, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

And, obviously, that's no solution. I need Chrome open...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jon, Clearly you are not alone. I 'upgraded' from CS6 over night. Got into the office this morning with high expectations. Both my Mac Pro 12 core and my Macbook Pro stacked with RAM and SSD's are very 'laggy' using this new version. Photoshop is good, but Indesign is shocking. Almost like working on a screen share compared to CS6. There were no issues with the installation, and I even run the usual apple 'house keeping' tasks and rebooted after the install. Guess we are all early adopters. I have just completed a 208 page catalogue in one document with CS6 with no glitches. No way could CC do this at present. Fingers crossed Adobe are working on a performance fix. (Running: Mac OSX Lion & Snow Leopard / Mac Pro Mid 2010 & Macbook Pro 2.66 Intel Core 2 Duo 17"). -- All the best, Scott.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, if even 12 cores get bogged down, there is definitely an issue!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone. I already posted a lot on the thread http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1235363?start=40&tstart=0

I think the best thing we as users can do is giving as much information on the matter as possible to get this sorted out as soon as possible. Please, all of you who experience those performance issues file a detailed bug report on the related Adobe site: https://www.adobe.com/cfusion/mmform/index.cfm?name=wishform

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, I think I figured something out!  This lagginess seems to occur when opening a document created in CS6.  If I create a new document and a text box, text selection is back to normal CS6-style speed.  If I copy a text box from the laggy document into the new document, the text selection in that box is then fine.  I don't yet know if it will bog down when the document builds, but I might try and recreate my project in this way, and I will report back.  Might cross-post this in other thread -- Jon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try exporting the document from CS6 as IDML and opening that in CC.

Bob

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines