• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

client authentication of server

Participant ,
Sep 06, 2013 Sep 06, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a supported way for clients to authenticate the identity of an AMS/FMS? Or is it necessary to write a custom challenge response upon connection to do this?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Sep 07, 2013 Sep 07, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's hard to guess what you are trying to achieve but Client properties on the server-side will get you started - http://help.adobe.com/en_US/adobemediaserver/ssaslr/WS5b3ccc516d4fbf351e63e3d11a11afc95e-7ec3SSASLR.....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Sep 07, 2013 Sep 07, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Assume the client knows in advance which server it wants to connect to. It should have some way of verifying the identity of this server, so that the client knows the server is not an imposter.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Challenge%E2%80%93response_authentication

So is there anything existing in AMS/FMS that helps with this, or is it necessary to write the entire procedure custom?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 09, 2013 Sep 09, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe few of below would work:

1) Use SWF Verification: If it is fake AMS, ideally it should not have the same SWF with itself and hence SWF verification should fail.

2) Use Server-side methods to return which client is expecting or use Access or Auth plug-ins.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Sep 12, 2013 Sep 12, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the response, but this is not what I am looking for. SWF verification is performed at the server. It doesn't matter if the fake AMS doesn't know what a legitimate SWF hash is; it can simply let connections in, and then we have a client connected to a fake server. The same is true of the other access and authentication plugins. These basically let us construct rules about when a client should be allowed to connect to the server, based upon how many other clients are connected, how much network traffic they are generating, or some other server state. There is nothing to prevent a fake server from simply accepting clients.

I am looking for something where verification is performed by the client. If I were to write this custom, I would expect to use a standard challenge-response algorithm, probably based on digital signatures. I have not, however, yet located a crypto library that I can get to work on the media server.

http://forums.adobe.com/message/4406996

Can you point me to a library that does work for digital signatures? Preferably I can use the same library on the media server and client.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines