• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

NetStream.Play.StreamNotFound not working

New Here ,
Aug 03, 2011 Aug 03, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would like to have the possibility to detect when NetStream is not working (i.e. the name used in initialization can't be found on the server side). The StreamNotFound doesn't work at all. I've read that it's the fault of the Flash Media Server, which automaticaly creates new stream, if it cannot be found (of course it's an empty stream - what is wrong from my point of view). Is it true? If yes, can I disable it on the server side, so I could easily detect if the stream name is correct?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 03, 2011 Aug 03, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are talking about recorded streams or VOD content - then if the file is not present on the server - you will get NetStream.Play.StreamNotFound - but if you are subscribing for live stream and there is no one publishing - it will create stream and wait for someone to publish. You can howerver set some timer at client side and see if you dont recieve NetStream.Buffer.Full after you recieve NetStream.Play.Start - you can conclude there is no one publishing and close the stream.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 08, 2011 Aug 08, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's not working this way. When I try to play an unpublished stream, the next thrown event is NetStream.Buffer.Full .

Isn't it possible to configure server, so it sends NetStream.Play.StreamNotFound, when nobody is publishing live stream?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

AFAIK, it is not possible that way ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So what is the best way to check if the stream is flowing?

edit:

Ok, so I will answer it by myself. I see no elegant way to resolve this issue. But in my opinion, the best one is to periodicaly check, for example, the time property and compare it with its last value. Thanks to that we can have (nearly) constant information about flow of the stream.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Aug 09, 2011 Aug 09, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How about using NetStream.Publish.BadName ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 10, 2011 Aug 10, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see no Publish property in NetStream class:

http://help.adobe.com/pl_PL/FlashPlatform/reference/actionscript/3/flash/net/NetStream.html?filter_flash=cs5&filter_flashplayer=10.2&filter_air=2.6

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First of all if you are getting NetStream.Buffer.Full for non existent stream - i would consider that as bug. Please provide details for us to investigate the issue.

Secondly the solution which you talked about setting time and checking time property should work as per me - though i have not tried it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

BadName is a server generated code, and you need to search it in server side LR. It might help u do few more things.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 04, 2013 Sep 04, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am facing exactly similar issues . I need a way to find if a live stream exist on  .

In server application I tried to do Stream.get which creates stream if it doesnt exist , I tried Stream.length which returns 0 always for live streams .

On client side it never returns NetStream.Play.StreamNotFound or any other status if stream is not there .

So in short there is no way other than putting a timeout on client side to check if a live stream exist . I dont know why Adobe gives so much weightage to .flv on demand content when people are using it for live streams also . Lot of times we do lot of work arounds to achieve what adobe should be providing in their products and its hard to get any support  when it comes to development .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 06, 2013 Sep 06, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A question with 17,000 views with no resolution !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not aware of what exactly is your use case - but you can always use Admin API "getLiveStreams" (http://help.adobe.com/en_US/flashmediaserver/adminapi/WSa4cb07693d12388431df580a12a34991ebc-8000.htm...) to know which all streams are published to a particular application.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@SE_0208

Thanks for your response .

Will Admin API work in server application .asc  ? Or at least I have to provide admin credentials for it to work ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 09, 2013 Sep 09, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes you can invoke them via Server-side script. Yes you would need Admin credentials for Admin API commands.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines