Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Securing a remote CFC

Community Beginner ,
Sep 09, 2013 Sep 09, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I'm in the middle of a project that is using AJAX and remote CFC's to allow data from the client side to interact with the server. This is an add-on for an existing application and am having a bit of difficulty figuring out the best way to secure a remote CFC. My jQuery makes the call to the CFC and returns the data as expected, but anyone can call the CFC directly with the right parameters and have the data returned.

I had tried a scenario where the CFC queries my the authentication log in my database and checks for a current login based on a user ID, however I've figured out the hard way that you can't nest a second query inside of a single function.

Here's my code:

<cffunction name="getSubCategoryAID" access="remote" returntype="query" returnformat="JSON" >

<cfargument name="userID" type="numeric" required="true">

<cfquery name="securityCheck" datasource="#THIS.dsn#">

SELECT *

FROM tbl_authLog

WHERE userID = #arguments.userID# ORDER BY logID DESC

LIMIT 1

</cfquery>

<cfset logTime = #securityCheck.dateTimeID#>

<cfset currentTime = #Now()#>

<cfif DateDiff(n, logTime, currentTime) LTE 30>

<cfargument name="mainCategoryID" type="any" required="true">

<cfquery name="getSubCategoryAID" datasource="#THIS.dsn#">

SELECT subCategoryAID, subCategoryAName

FROM tbl_docSubCategoryA

WHERE mainCategoryID = #arguments.mainCategoryID# ORDER BY subCategoryAName

</cfquery>

<cfreturn getSubCategoryAID>

<cfelse>

<cfabort>

</cfif>

</cffunction>

Any pointers on a good way to accomplish this task using the method described above would be great, but I'm also open to new ideas. Unfortunately my application does not use cflogin so I can't use user roles.

Thanks,

Charlie

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Enthusiast , Sep 09, 2013 Sep 09, 2013

You can set session variables when the user logs in and then check those in your CFC function, eg if session.userID EQ arguments.userID...

Votes

Translate

Translate
Enthusiast ,
Sep 09, 2013 Sep 09, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You can set session variables when the user logs in and then check those in your CFC function, eg if session.userID EQ arguments.userID...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation